Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

Im pretty confident it will go ahead - there is very little trouble tonight, the police will continue throwing 16,000 out every night and people will get bored.

Fulham is quite a low key game and is a low class police game so I am pretty sure it will do.

Will be absolutely devastated if it's off, been really looking forward to this for weeks now! Not only that but train ticket money down the drain too!

You can guarantee it'll get moved to a tuesday night or something shit which will mean an afternoon booked off work, and the cost of another train up there.

For me, I would love to see:

------------------------ Given ------------------------

Young ---------- Dunne --- Clark -------- Warnock

------------------------ Delph ------------------------

----------------- Makoun -- Bannan -----------------

-------- Ireland ------------------------ Zog --------

------------------------- Bent -------------------------

A solid three sitters in CM should allow the FBs to push forward and create the width with SI and the Zog slightly narrower.

Only 3 problems with that midfield. Delph is terrible, Bannan is not ready for the the premier league and and Ireland may as well just stay in Cheshire because he is a total waste of space. Makoun should be the holding player with Stan and Gary Gardner in the middle. Nzog should be the only wide man and switch between the wings with gabby and bent up top. I cant believe we have not signed another midfield player. The middle of the park is frankly quite embarrassing at the moment

For me, I would love to see:

------------------------ Delph ------------------------

----------------- Makoun -- Bannan -----------------

-------- Ireland ------------------------ Zog --------

A solid three sitters in CM should allow the FBs to push forward and create the width with SI and the Zog slightly narrower.

Only 3 problems with that midfield. Delph is terrible, Bannan is not ready for the the premier league and and Ireland may as well just stay in Cheshire because he is a total waste of space. Makoun should be the holding player with Stan and Gary Gardner in the middle. Nzog should be the only wide man and switch between the wings with gabby and bent up top. I cant believe we have not signed another midfield player. The middle of the park is frankly quite embarrassing at the moment

Ireland has looked a much better player under McLeish so far, but you saying you'd rather start Gardner over Delph or Bannan is foolish. Gardner has never even played a match in the top division while Bannan and Delph have. That line-up is a little off but playing such an inexperienced player is suicide.

----------------- Makoun -- Petrov -----------------

------------------------ Ireland ----------------------

-------- Albrighton --------------------- Zog --------

It would unnecessarily cautious to call off daytime games, long after (you'd hope) the worst of the trouble had happened.

If it did get postponed, the only saving grace would be starting the season with 2 very, very winnable home games.

It might not be the worst thing in the world if this game is postponed. Fulham have already played four competitive games and we have seen other teams who have had an early start in Europe carry that on to the Premiership. That would leave us with as John says two winnable home games to start us off with the first of those being against a team we beat comfortably in Hong Kong.

Assuming the match does go ahead, I'll predict an easy home victory for Fulham. In fact I can see us easily getting ripped apart for ninety minutes, then finally losing by 3/4-0.

We're shit, we've had a poor pre-season, we're lacking form and our manager is useless. While in stark contrast Fulham have already played a couple of competitive matches, they have a decent coach in Jol, and I fully expect them to be fitter, sharper and superior to us in every department.

Not looking forward to this at all.

Probably help us if its off but i'll be gutted if it is. Been looking forward to it for months. It would be rearranged for a midweek, which would mean time off work and driving down.

Got train tickets so still goin down London if its off. Always something to do.

Guardian saying the games could be re-arranged for next thursday if cancelled so we wouldn't have two easy home games to kick off the season.

click

Guardian also has a quote from the Police, that they are gearing up for trouble in London Friday and Saturday, and that all Police resources are focussed on that.

So basicly no scaling back, and no premier league fixtures this weekend i guess.

Dont forget, its not only the Police, but other emergency services involved at Football games aswell, and i guess they will be even more stretched at the moment.

the key point from that article is that these are not required to have a high police presence. look at the 6 teams playing and you really cant see any crowd trouble. if they put the games on but with lesser police numbers that would be a good message sent that games are too highly policed and they can go through with less police there