Ratings and Reactions

limpid

A dull game made even worse having to sit in front of a complete muppet shouting shit for 90 mins. We went 2-0 down and he then ran to the front and started shouting at the team and calling mcleish every name under the sun. It was cringeworthy dont knopw if anyone else saw it

Guy in a white top who the stewards took down the steps?

We played a load of kids in an unimportant pre-season game. No need to get your knickers in a twist ffs.

that was the main feeling on my bus home, my point was albrighton who not only will start vs fulham but is likely to get 30+ games this season was as poor as anyone on the pitch tonight

the kids excuse brushes alot u der the carpet

We played a load of kids in an unimportant pre-season game. No need to get your knickers in a twist ffs.

that was the main feeling on my bus home, my point was albrighton who not only will start vs fulham but is likely to get 30+ games this season was as poor as anyone on the pitch tonight

the kids excuse brushes alot u der the carpet

I think it's debatable whether he will start, the fact Heskey/Gabby were left out maybe says something.

A dull game made even worse having to sit in front of a complete muppet shouting shit for 90 mins. We went 2-0 down and he then ran to the front and started shouting at the team and calling mcleish every name under the sun. It was cringeworthy dont knopw if anyone else saw it

yep absolute tool sat right in front of him as he spouted utter drivel. I told him theres a place 3 miles away from villa park called small heath which has a club hes better of supporting

Not too bothered about the result am bothered if we played shiit again which it sounds like we did.

It seems the excuse for losing any friendly is we are "not upto fitness" or "the other team are more advanced in their fitness schedule". This was wheeled out vs Chelsea who start the season the same time as us!!

I'm usually quite positive but it sounds like a season of excuses awaits...

1) I don't buy the preseason excuse. Was it not our opponents preseason too?

2) Reserves? To be fair, only the Defence consisted of reserves. And 2 of those were big hope (future captain?) Ciaran Clark and 50k a week man Habib Beye. The midfield and attack was a team that I'd be happy with starting a premier league game and created **** all so I don't buy that at all.

I'm not going to get too worried yet, but we started reasonably well with the win against Walsall and seem to have gone backwards. Roll on first day of the season.

Yes and it was there last pre season game. They are effectively match fit, they kick off on Saturday.

2) Reserves? To be fair, only the Defence consisted of reserves.

Looking at the starting 11 i think 3 will definitely start against Fulham, 1 maybe and 7 definitely wont.

I think we will see what McLeish has in plan against Braga on Saturday.

2) Reserves? To be fair, only the Defence consisted of reserves. And 2 of those were big hope (future captain?) Ciaran Clark and 50k a week man Habib Beye. The midfield and attack was a team that I'd be happy with starting a premier league game and created **** all so I don't buy that at all.

I'm not going to get too worried yet, but we started reasonably well with the win against Walsall and seem to have gone backwards. Roll on first day of the season.

...I just thought that this was worth emphasising.....Thanks MON

sounds like he's almost certainly a VT poster.

Extremely disappointrd with performance of Allbrighton. If he can't beat Championship full backs he's got no chance with premier ones. So much now seems to be resting on N'zogbia re creation from wide. WE definitely need someone on the right with good premiership experience. SWP anyone?

Not concerned in the slightest with the result. But what last night did highlight is the sheer lack of depth to our squad. It seems as though AM wants to play 4 2 3 1 but this neither suited the players that played yesterday nor the players we would class as out first XI.

Big concern for me is the disappointing form of Albrighton and the lack of ability/control within the midfield. Delph and Bannan look nice players but just don't have the presence of a premiership footballer. Makoun also, nice one touch footballer but can anyone honestly see him dominanting a premiership game. As for Ireland the sooner he leaves the better.

Alot has been said about Petrov on another thread he may not be the best midfielder to grace our club but at the moment he walks into the side with the squad we have at present and that says it all.

Midfield needs strengthening siginifcantly imo. Addition of at least 2/3 players required asap

Another surprisingly large away following again! Had loads more there than the league game when we won 6-0.

Given that we couldn't play anything at VP, this was almost a 'home' friendly for us, which probably contributed to our numbers.

yep absolute tool sat right in front of him as he spouted utter drivel. I told him theres a place 3 miles away from villa park called small heath which has a club hes better of supporting

I saw him too, he was ranting and raving and even started to pick a fight with a Villa fan who disagreed with him.

I'm not bothered by the loss, I clapped the lads at the end. It's a run-out for fitness, we didn't have a single member of our first-choice back 5 in the team. As others have said, Braga will be the real test and will give us an indication of how we will be playing this year.

Poor result no matter the fact it was a friendly.

Why?

Because 11 Aston Villa players didn't beat 11 Derby players?

Players that got on the pitch that probably won't play be major starters for us this season: Guzan, Clark, Herd, Lowry, Beye, Bannan, Gardner & Hogg.

Players that didn't even get on the pitch: Given, Collins, Dunne, L Young, Warnock, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Gabby, Heskey.

:?

It's a friendly, it's for fitness. Just because they're wearing claret & blue, doesn't mean they automatically should win the game.

Â