Ratings and Reactions

limpid

Braga has become a must win game for McLeish

I'd say Fulham is more must win 8) . Braga game result is meaningless if we beat Fulham.

My point is, there could be 2500 Villa fans on his back before kick off at Fulham. Its not shaping up well at all at the moment.

Fulham will be weeks ahead of us in fitness levels and with a new boss this is a bad 1st day fixture

Oh come on, you don't judge a manger from pre season. If there's 2500 on his back before the fulham game then we have more pathetic fans than i thought.

I'd say Fulham is more must win 8) . Braga game result is meaningless if we beat Fulham.

My point is, there could be 2500 Villa fans on his back before kick off at Fulham. Its not shaping up well at all at the moment.

Fulham will be weeks ahead of us in fitness levels and with a new boss this is a bad 1st day fixture

If we don't beat Braga I'm taking a McLeish out banner to the first game. That'll teach him for losing some pre-season friendlies!

Have we got enough players for a 1st vs 2nd team?

Blimey, that's a really good question? Ireland will have to play for both!! The keepers will have to play out on the pitch too. Jeez, I hope this board knows what it's doing.

Absolutely:

Given, Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, N'Zogbia, Petrov, Makoun, Albrighton, Ireland and Bent

vs.

Guzan, Beye, Clark, Lowry, Baker, Bannan, Delph, Hogg, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso and Heskey

And there's still room for Cuellar (not fit yet), Gardner and Wee Man

In 1986 we won our 6 pre-season friendlies, we then lost 6 out of the first 7 games and got relegated that season too boot!

We have only signed 1 outfield player so little will change atm, hopefully the Board are not that naive to leave it as that, apart from a couple of players it was a reserve team out at Derby anyway.

I think tonight was a chance for some of the guys who aren't going to get much of a look in to show that they can have a part to play and then they'd be given a shot on saturday against braga where we'll see the first 11 i believe and on the most part no one really showed much.

I thought delph was by far the best player on the pitch, in the second half he was the only who looked interested. Bannan was very disappointing though as was albrighton but hopefully it's a case of jet lag and the fact we were playing a team who are ready for their season this weekend.

Overall it was a pretty woeful night of football for both teams though.

Oh come on, you don't judge a manger from pre season. If there's 2500 on his back before the fulham game then we have more pathetic fans than i thought.

Exactly. What is the point of pre season except to develop fitness and try out players / formations / tactics without any fear of losing.

I'd much rather lose all our pre season games with AM learning a thing or two than simply play a full strength line up just to appease 2500 idiotic fans.

I understand all of that.

It's a real concern that we create next to nothing over 90 mins, we saw it in HK over 180 mins, we've seen it again tonight

But we've seen a good few created against Walsall. What's your point? We've lost a pre-season friendly, not the first leg of the champions league semi-final.

A dull game made even worse having to sit in front of a complete muppet shouting shit for 90 mins. We went 2-0 down and he then ran to the front and started shouting at the team and calling mcleish every name under the sun. It was cringeworthy dont knopw if anyone else saw it

I understand all of that.

It's a real concern that we create next to nothing over 90 mins, we saw it in HK over 180 mins, we've seen it again tonight

But we've seen a good few created against Walsall. What's your point? We've lost a pre-season friendly, not the first leg of the champions league semi-final.

Key word: 'Walsall'

Quite frankly I couldn't give a bollocks about any pre-season result. Seen so often over the years teams have great pre-seasons and then fail badly in the league or the other way round. As long as everyone is fit and the players have an understanding of what the manager wants from them going into the first game then you are ready whatever the results have been.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a bollocks about any pre-season result. Seen so often over the years teams have great pre-seasons and then fail badly in the league or the other way round. As long as everyone is fit and the players have an understanding of what the manager wants from them going into the first game then you are ready whatever the results have been.

This.

I'm kind of in PoBs boat, when we won the peace cup people were quick to jump on it meaning **** all, a poor youthful team vs a strong derby team must mean the same?

My only worry would be forget the kids you won't see, albrighton and bannan were poor tonight nowhere near good enough for fulham

delph and makoun were ok Ireland was a waste of **** time defence was ok bar the dodgy pen and the seemingly 3/4 lucky bounces that went their way before he smashed it in, boring game really which is mine and I at least think everyone biggest fear for next season, albrightons near post shot aside, chances on goal? More or less none

Â