Ratings and Reactions

limpid

Do we overrate our youth? Yes! A couple will come through, but I can't see as many coming through as the board seem to think. There will be a lot of presure on the young players this season if we don't continue spending.

So hard to give ratings with that commentary on AVTV, it seems like there more interested in competing for the best one liner than talking about the game.

Good chance for McLeish to look at the second string I suppose. Oh, and realise that they are not up to playing in the Prem. Albrighton needs competition, Ireland must be loving playing for the reserves again!! Darren Bent didn't score, the universe has shifted on its axis. Lose against Braga with our strongest side and there will be pressure. Silly, but there will be.

SIGN SOME PLAYERS!!

Can't understsnd why AM hasn't played his first IX more in pre-season. I know he's new and wanted to look at everyone

but for instance how the heck is N'Zogbia going to get used to his team-mates with half an hour V Braga on Saturday. ....

If he manages that... cos as far as I know, he hasn't played a single minute of football for anyone since playing for France has he?

Hopefully there will be at least one behind closed doors games next week at BMH for a bit more practice.

Hopefully there will be at least one behind closed doors games next week at BMH for a bit more practice.

Perhaps it's time to get the bibs out and play firsts versus seconds and allow McLeish to kill two birds with one stone!! I agree with Julie. We also need to realise that the kids are NOT always the answer. Bleed Gardner in over the course of the season, keep Clark, Bannan and Albrighton involved with the squad, the rest of them, Hogg, Herd, Lichaj, Lowry, Baker etc, try and loan them because they are nowhere near ready.

Perhaps it's time to get the bibs out and play firsts versus seconds and allow McLeish to kill two birds with one stone!! I agree with Julie. We also need to realise that the kids are NOT always the answer. Bleed Gardner in over the course of the season, keep Clark, Bannan and Albrighton involved with the squad, the rest of them, Hogg, Herd, Lichaj, Lowry, Baker etc, try and loan them because they are nowhere near ready.

Have we got enough players for a 1st vs 2nd team? :lol:

Can't get too upset as it is just a friendly but a cause for some concern as we seem to once again be in a position where once you get past the first eleven the quality just isn't there. It's cost us places in the past but I worry just how much it might cost us if we don't hit the ground running this season.

On the plus side this result has certainly helped in getting me prepared for the long season ahead :winkold:

Have we got enough players for a 1st vs 2nd team?

Blimey, that's a really good question? Ireland will have to play for both!! The keepers will have to play out on the pitch too. Jeez, I hope this board knows what it's doing.

Have we got enough players for a 1st vs 2nd team?

Blimey, that's a really good question? Ireland will have to play for both!! The keepers will have to play out on the pitch too. Jeez, I hope this board knows what it's doing.

You can have Ireland in one and the other team play with 10 men. That sounds fair to me :D

Braga has become a must win game for McLeish

I'd say Fulham is more must win 8) . Braga game result is meaningless if we beat Fulham.

My point is, there could be 2500 Villa fans on his back before kick off at Fulham. Its not shaping up well at all at the moment.

Fulham will be weeks ahead of us in fitness levels and with a new boss this is a bad 1st day fixture

Â