Good RPGs

legov

Alright I've gotten really sick of playing FIFA all the time and I need new RPGs with captivating stories and characters to play on the PC. I'm not much of a graphics whore - that said though, the "classics" like Baldurs' Gate or the Diablos are a little too outdated for me in the aesthetics department.

Suggestions? Please shoot. Thanks :)

Dragon Age: Origins

Already have this! I'm going to try it again after getting stuck at the Fade sequence on my first run. This time with a healer in my squad!

Already have this! I'm going to try it again after getting stuck at the Fade sequence on my first run. This time with a healer in my squad!

God I hated that Fade shit they threw in. Otherwise a brilliant game I think, well worth seeing through. In fact, I might even play through it again when I've finished GoW2 and Enslaved.

Also, Chindie is right about Oblivion. It's a bit stiff and sometimes it feels like you're walking around in a world filled with witless mannequins, but it is a really good game and well worth both the time and money. Especially considering the upcoming release of Skyrim.

Yeh try The Witcher. It's on GOG.com for $9.99 aka. ~£6, it's DRM free and as a bonus its the extended edition and you get a bunch of art work and a walkthrough and stuff. It's 'adult themed' so the swearing and enourmous boobs feel a bit forced to me, and not really required cos it's a good game anyway, but there ya go. Planescape Torment is on there for $9.99 too. Oh and theres Gothic 1 & 2 aswell, look a bit dated but they're great.

Granted its not the best but Two Worlds 2 is very underrated imo, it has an atmosphere and charm all of its own and if you can get past its few shortcomings it is very enjoyable. I think a lot of people write it off due to the fiasco of its launch, the fact its not a AAA blockbuster and mostly due to the absolutely terrible first game.

Think I'll be having to buy Skyrim on PS3, don't think my PC will handle it - not to the level I'd actually want to play it anyway, and I don't much fancy buying a new graphics card for it either as the only other thing I ever touch, and will ever touch on PC for the foreseeable future is FM

Acquired Oblivion. The mouse won't move the player while running which is very annoying. Don't know if I like it. I might have to get a xbox controller usb plug thing

• 2 weeks later...

Playing this now. Amazing how fun it feels now compared to my first playthrough which I didn't complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â