Las Vegas - MGM Grand

kingphil

41 minutes ago, villakram said:

Heading back down the weekend after the 4th. Looking fwd to it. Something approaching normality is so desperately needed.

SWEEEEEET, make sure you post! Where yam staying?

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

SWEEEEEET, make sure you post! Where yam staying?

Crashing in Excaliber.

Prob do a night around Freemont, fight island night around MGM... zero plans otherwise. Just looking to chill and have a brew or 3. Hopefully, things will be more back to normal by then. Real pity there's no events in Vegas, so general crowd size/energy etc., will be interesting. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

anyone done vegas as a multi city or hired a car and gone out off in to bandit country?

a mate gets married there end of october so im looking at going, ive been before, the wife has zero interest in the place and we have a 1 year old so ive got some selling to do

thinking of doing something like the obvious flying in and driving out to flagstaff and then maybe monument valley or even all the way to denver which has direct flights home, or to LA which we've both done before or just flying multi city and doing something like toronto then vegas then chicago and home, driving somewhere would be the preference but im not sure where there is that we could stay for more than say 2 days at a time, was also thinking maybe flying in to vegas staying on the strip, looping round the grand canyon then going back to vegas and staying in an air bnb somewhere in the city witha  bbq and pool

wouldnt mind doing something completely random like driving from vegas to reno or phoenix or salt lake city but im not sure whats there or if its worth it

Edited by villa4europe

I've not done those destinations, but I hired a car when I was out there (to drive to LA) and that part of it is very easy. It's relatively cheap as well. I think it cost us $200 for 4 days but we hired a big Mercedes 4x4 so it was a fair bit more than the budget options. You'll have no problem with that part of it.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2021 at 11:08, villa4europe said:

all the way to denver 

The amount I drunk when I was in Vegas I couldn’t legally drive a car for about 3 weeks !! ... but I did fly to Denver from there and I’d say it’s worth a visit .... we stayed in Golden which was a small town where everyone seemed to be related but friendly enough ... good base for driving up Mount Evans which the family might like , incorporated a visit to a railway museum on the drive which was pretty interesting also ... took in a gig at Red Rocks as well , possibly the coolest gig venue ever , even without a gig you can hike around the place .

Denver town is sorta nice without being wow , is home of Harvey the rabbit though if you’ve ever seen the film 

flew into Philadelphia from Denver , loved it there , loads of historical stuff ( in the context of America ) Liberty bell , founding fathers etc and the obligatory run up the rocky steps , might be my fav American city 

Toronto is pretty good , you can do the tower with the family and accidentally end up in the brewery right next to it and have a tour and samples in there ....but hire a car and drive out to Niagara on the lake ( and even the falls ) would be my recommendation .

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Yeah I've done Toronto before, flying in to there was to keep the wife happy as this would replace our Canada trip planned for April, think the only place on my list for there is casa Loma, I really like Toronto so happy to go again 

Will have a look at philadelphia, flights from Germany to Vegas are shit so got to go somewhere 

Â