Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mortimer knpows what hes on about. This just sums it up for me...

“To me you need to generate momentum in games by the quickness of play and of mind and, for me, Petrov takes half an hour to pass the ball.

Petrov is detrimental to the team as a whole. Slows everything down and cant make a forward pass for toffee. Takes half hour fannying about with the ball then passes back to the CB's. Would be more suited to playing in Italy where you get more time on the ball

I have been saying this for several seasons now. Sometimes I think a lot of supporters are on crazy pills they way they go on about Petrov.

he is still the best CM we have on the books

Simply not true. And if it were, we would be right in the shit.

Well I'll agree to disagree there. With NRC no longer with us we have very weak CM options at the moment.

Ive said this ALL along. NRC should never have been allowed to leave. Especially with only Petrov as a viable alternative.

I will agree with you on that Stu, allowing NRC to leave was madness

Cant imagine his wage demands were that high if Bolton have taken him

He will be a massive loss

If Petrov's contract finished this summer and NRC had two years left then we'd still have NRC. This is O'Neill's legacy with players we can't move on.

At what point does Mortimer say that Petrov is 'rubbish'? With thread titles like that, you could be writing headlines for The Sun!

Gosh. It's so far of the mark. I should change it to Mortimer thinks Petrov is great. That would be far more accurate.

At what point does Mortimer say that Petrov is 'rubbish'? With thread titles like that, you could be writing headlines for The Sun!

Gosh. It's so far of the mark. I should change it to Mortimer thinks Petrov is great. That would be far more accurate.

Or rather, average? He describes him as a 'Steady Eddie' type, which I'd be inclined to agree with.

Â