The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/05/2021 at 21:30, useless said:

Dan Crowley has been released by small heath, will probably end up with Hull who he's been on loan with since January.

So, a step up then.

1 hour ago, useless said:

James Collins has signed for Cardiff.

Which one?

Big Red, or the one who played for our reserves?

• 2 weeks later...

😬

Ecocrime has started an investigation into John Carew - suspected of gross tax evasion

Ecocrime has charged actor and former football star John Carew (41) with gross tax evasion. Ecocrime carries out fittings. Ecocrime conducts or has carried out a raid on the address. John Carew owns an apartment at the address.

Prosecutor and Attorney General Marinne Bender confirms to DN that they have started an investigation of John Carew.

- We can confirm that we have started an investigation based on a report from the Tax Administration. We have good reason to suspect Carew of gross tax evasion, she says.

In February, a court hearing was scheduled in the Oslo City Sheriff's Office regarding a dispute over the payment of tax, and whether this should be paid to the United Kingdom or Norway. The tax authorities applied to the court to arrest Carew's assets in Norway, but the parties reached a settlement before it came before the court.

The tax authorities reported Carew at the same time as the tax dispute is ongoing. Serious tax evasion carries a penalty of fine or imprisonment for up to six years...

https://www.dn.no/marked/john-carew/okokrim/skatt/okokrim-har-startet-etterforskning-av-john-carew-mistenkt-for-grov-skatteunndragelse/2-1-1019327

• Sad 2

On 02/06/2021 at 17:34, sne said:

Was about to post this when I saw the thread. He’s vehemently denying any wrongdoing, but it’s not what you want to see anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MCU said:

Christ. I wondered what he was doing in the Three Crowns last night with Lee Hughes.

Haha I've seen the photos 

Hughesy has played for them for about 5 years now, great player, the number of times I've seen someone try and clatter him only for him to position his body in a way that means they end of running in to his elbow or something else painful for the tackler and not him is brilliant

Hendrie has played a few times too and craddock 

Barry is new for this year though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCU said:

Christ. I wondered what he was doing in the Three Crowns last night with Lee Hughes.

Lets hope Lee didn't drive home. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Jake Doyle-Hayes signs for us. 

Product of the Villa academy and played a couple of times in the League Cup I believe. His idol is / was Roy Keane who was the assistant manager when he joined Villa. ( although he soon departed!..........the Lambert effect?)

Always looked good in cup games, composee on the ball. I think if we had a passing coach earlier in his development he might have made it here

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Jake Doyle-Hayes signs for us. 

Product of the Villa academy and played a couple of times in the League Cup I believe. His idol is / was Roy Keane who was the assistant manager when he joined Villa. ( although he soon departed!..........the Lambert effect?)

He's a good prospect IMO, I hope he does well for you. Keep us updated!

Obviously I hope he does..............unfortunately Jack Ross seems to have a habit of stifling "good" midfielders that join. Jackson Irvine joined, whom I had watched at a few clubs and liked, but within a few games he ended up less than average for the rest of the season. Whether he doesn't play them to their strengths, I don't know. Will be interesting to see how Jake gets on under Ross.

Under Ross our midfield usually struggles.................not been the same since McGinn left.........wonder what happened to him.😀

Edited by newhavenhibby

Â