The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Albrighton with an FA cup winners medal as well as the league. Not a bad career since leaving us 

Yep, big congratulations to him, hugely likeable player and one I was gutted to see leave us, especially in the circumstances not even being offered a contract 

By trophies won, he must be the most successful villa academy product (I'm not counting Steve Davis winning trophies in the Scottish pub league with rangers)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Albrighton with an FA cup winners medal as well as the league. Not a bad career since leaving us 

Lambert didnt rate him at all, he didnt really rate Jack either

Would a better manager that could be our wide options now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Yep, big congratulations to him, hugely likeable player and one I was gutted to see leave us, especially in the circumstances not even being offered a contract 

By trophies won, he must be the most successful villa academy product (I'm not counting Steve Davis winning trophies in the Scottish pub league with rangers)

Gary Cahill

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Ok Garde was totally ineffective (at best) but does Richards not realise how utterly shit he himself was, along with many of the other wasters in that squad?

Garde was shit but Micah forgot he played for Stuart Pearce who played a goalkeeper as a striker

In fairness he did say he was shit after 4 months at Villa and I think thats a decent assessment

Came across this article on Aaron Tshibola today.

Simply got lost in the chaos of the Di Matteo spending spree in 2016 and then Bruce came in and didn't rate him much and had nomadic career since but given his upbringing pretty harsh to call him a waster:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/aaron-tshibola-kilmarnock-aston-villa-newham-london-crime-violence-1004162

On 14/05/2021 at 10:06, sheepyvillian said:

Ally Robertson, " you're gonna pay for Alex cropley ".

It was Ally Brown that did Cropley. I'm pretty sure, I was there. Awful challenge in midfield. Robertson wouldn't have been that far up the pitch.

RE: above post, if you click the last page (yeah they're still talking about us) they are under the illusion that our losses from the last couple of years need to be covered by selling Jack Grealish.

Stupid as well as jealous, I love it :)

38 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Here you go, straight from the inbred's mouth.

"How to wind up a viler".

What a sad bunch of nobodies they really are...

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=66.4075

I concede. At least I got the first name right. " Viler ", that's hilarious. At least we don't value them with the same importance. 

13 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Wayne Routledge is still playing?? Saw him today in the playoffs.

He has a bigger beer gut than me....

....I am 55.

£1.5m about £2m in wages played about 8 minutes for us. Utterly pointless signing was never going to play but it was O'Neil and he loved chucking money into the bin.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

£1.5m about £2m in wages played about 8 minutes for us. Utterly pointless signing was never going to play but it was O'Neil and he loved chucking money into the bin.

Habib Beye

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He was a good signing just with the wrong manager, he played in the Premier League for nearly a decade after O'Neill left

Â