The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Steven Davis is close to overtaking Pat Jennings international caps for Norn Iron. Well done. I still think we should have kept him and not sold him to Fulham.

How many sub standard midfielders we have had since?

Replaced him with Reo Coker who is around same age. Hasnt played top flight since about 2012, think Davis at Southampton about 2 years back. MON failure again

• Like 1

On 06/09/2020 at 21:13, Zatman said:

Replaced him with Reo Coker who is around same age. Hasnt played top flight since about 2012, think Davis at Southampton about 2 years back. MON failure again

I was baffled at the time as MON got rid of both Davis and Aaron Hughes who were fellow Northern Irishman! Protestant/Catholic thing?

Both had long steady careers after Vila. Not fantastic but both were a lot better than a lot of defenders and midfielders we bought for years afterwards for more money.

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I was baffled at the time as MON got rid of both Davis and Aaron Hughes who were fellow Northern Irishman! Protestant/Catholic thing?

Both had long steady careers after Vila. Not fantastic but both were a lot better than a lot of defenders and midfielders we bought for years afterwards for more money.

In fairness to MON i dont think he is sectarian. clearing in the woods yes but not that. Lawrie Sanchez brought both to Fulham after playing under him for North so probably tempted them

Davis and Hughes both went to Euro 2016, Reo Coker was probably retired then

38 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Just read the article (right it was the birmingham mail so shit in quality of content), still doesnt say how it all happened. And he sounds like a complete dick Danny EatShit

He was annoyed at being a sub v Leicester so came into training the next day in a bad mood and took it out on Jota after some training clash.

Just read it aswell. He admitted he was miles off the pace when we signed him so no idea what DS was thinking constantly starting him instead of building up his intensity with 15-20 minute sub cameos instead.

Would be like us starting Wesley every week again as soon as he declares himself match fit, total madness.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He was annoyed at being a sub v Leicester so came into training the next day in a bad mood and took it out on Jota after some training clash.

Just read it aswell. He admitted he was miles off the pace when we signed him so no idea what DS was thinking constantly starting him instead of building up his intensity with 15-20 minute sub cameos instead.

Would be like us starting Wesley every week again as soon as he declares himself match fit, total madness.

Overall I do like Smith, but that was just a horrorshow of a decision, and *everyone* could see it.

6 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Just read the interview with Drinkwater about the bust up with Jota. He comes across as a giant penis.

Quite often when I need to see my boss, I end up headbutting Doris the tea lady. Just one of those things. 

• Haha 2

On 29/08/2020 at 09:23, DJ_Villain said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree mate. The way Barry treated us when he jumped ship left a very bitter taste in my mouth only surpassed since by Delph...

Milner crossed the same divide to join Man City to "win trophies" and I don't think anywhere near as badly about him as I do Barry

Barry played 11 years for us. Milner 3. No one has got even close to Barry's appearances for Villa since. 

Can you see any current Villa playing 10 years for us?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Barry played 11 years for us. Milner 3. No one has got even close to Barry's appearances for Villa since. 

Can you see any current Villa playing 10 years for us?

Jed Steer might manage it. Though he may fall short of Gaz Baz's record by an appearance or 400

Â