The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Everton supporters slaughtering Delph on twitter today, which is nice. 

I watched him a few times and he has been appalling. His main role now seems to be pointing.
At his best he was high energy box to box, now his legs are going he is truly an awful footballer.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

I know everyone on here hates him, but my mate paid Brett Holman to wish me a happy birthday via video message. Instant legend status now :P

Hate is quite harsh. People didnt rate him, he is very far down the Villa hate list

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hate is quite harsh. People didnt rate him, he is very far down the Villa hate list

That’s fair. I think some of the other players we’ve had over the past 7 years have help him fall also.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's started 2 games and came on for a sub for literally 1 minute. Steady.

But it was a pretty good minute. Indicated to me he was the new Mellberg

My suggestion (Player Report for last April 2018 (below) when Corey was on loan at Walsall, from Villa.  Corey Blackett-Taylor is now rumoured  being linked with Notts Forest & Celtic.

Hopefully he can fetch Tranmere some money.

corey-blackett-taylor-suggestion-that-si

Today's Nottingham Paper

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-celtic-transfer-news-4305423

Nottingham Forest have been linked with a summer move for Tranmere Rovers winger Corey Blackett-Taylor.

The 22-year-old, who can play on either flank, was one of Rovers’ shining lights during a season which ultimately saw them relegated to League Two after the campaign was halted due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Forest, according to Football Insider, are keen on the former Aston Villa man along with Scottish side Celtic and are looking to do a deal in the transfer window ahead of the new season.

Birmingham-born Blackett-Taylor came through the ranks at Villa Park and was first named on the bench under Tim Sherwood in a League Cup with Notts County in 2015, though he didn’t get on the pitch.

He had to wait until the following March for his debut in a 1-0 defeat To Huddersfield, before leaving for Prenton Park in June last year via a short loan spell at Walsall.

In his 34 appearances for Rovers, Blackett-Taylor scored five goals and notched up six assists in his 34 outings for the club, picking up the Man of the Match award in the FA Cup third round clash replay win over Watford.

He then played against Manchester United in round four, as the Whites bowed out of the competition with a 6-0 home defeat.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

How different life may have been if he'd stayed at Villa.

He'd have got more criticism and less goals! 

With our service, Ronaldo would struggle. 

Just now, Xela said:

I was just thinking actually.  Easy to criticise Wesley, but since he's been injured all that has been about how shit our wingers and midfielders are.

Who in this squad can you look at, apart from Grealish, to create goals?

But then, the midfield is always so far away from the lone striker it'd be kind of irrelevant anyway.  It's a disjointed mess.

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

He would have been labelled overrated look some of our other Championship players

• 4 weeks later...
Â