The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 this year is he?

Really liked Barry and was very upset when he left. But he did exactly what he said he wanted to do by playing Champs League and winning thr FA Cup. Fair play to him :)

Yeah he could certainly see the potential of City and dodged a bullet going to Liverpool, funny how it all works out in the end.

Back in the europa for now though. :winkold:

Barry and Milner starting the big games for Citeh.

Think there are a fair few of us who wouldnt think they would be doing that.

Despite kidding ourselves that they were only leaving for money, I think both of these players have been entirely vindicated in their decision to leave Aston Villa when they did.

I had no problem with Barry leaving but I think like me most were pissed off with the manner in the way he left rather than who he left for.

Surely that was from 2008 when he tried to engineer the move to Liverpool and the saga lasted for months.

He left just a week after the season finished in 2009.

From what I remember Man. City came in on the tuesday with a bid and the evening he'd done his medical and signed for them.

Done and dusted in a day.

Barry and Milner starting the big games for Citeh.

Think there are a fair few of us who wouldnt think they would be doing that.

Despite kidding ourselves that they were only leaving for money, I think both of these players have been entirely vindicated in their decision to leave Aston Villa when they did.

It's Chicken/Egg though.

Had both of those two stayed, you'd assume we might have also kept Ash, and we'd be a shitload better than we are now, we possibly may have been able to make other signings to strengthen the squad. Maybe O'Neill would still be managing us, maybe someone better?

I'd argue that we're shit because our best 3 players left.

Good point.

I still think both players were right to leave though. We may still have been a good side if they'd stayed, perhaps even a champions league side. But a title contending side, we were never going to be.

Just switched on the last five minutes of the Fulham game to see the Djemba twins are playing for Odense. Probably not news to most but I'd just kind of presumed he'd disappeared off the face of the earth.

Djemba actually moved to Odense just before we played them in the Intertoto. I remember the 2-2 away game (Sidwell og) and Djemba spent what seemed like the 90 minutes enthusiastically running up and down the touchline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â