The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wont post the article because I dont want to give them credibility or clicks, but a notorious media rag hated in Liverpool has said Jlloyd Samuel family has accused him of faking his own death

Yeah...really strange story that.

I read that the other day and wasn't sure where to post it.

The weirdest thing is how the headline was worded to say the family accused his wife of faking it. They obviously realised didn't like the optics of a headline saying a dead man had faked his death...so instead went for the grieving widow?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

We’ve had far worse centre halves than Phillipe Senderos.

one notable being an alleged Villa fan too... 

He was brilliant first 4 or 5 games next to Vlaar then he disappeared through injury. Thought we got a bargain

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ashley Young going to Inter, its nearly a decade after leaving Villa. Milner going strong as well

Yea, fair play to Ash.  Left us as buccaneering wingers and changed his game as he got older, whilst winning the League, FA Cup, Europa titles.  

He's had a good career considering he wasn't big or strong enough to play professional football. 

But perhaps his greatest contribution is when a pigeon shat in his mouth.

Not sure if mentioned before, and mercilessly stolen from Reddit - but John Carew provides the voice for Will Smith's character Lance in the Norwegian language version of Spies in Disguise.

Witness his utterly magnificent performance;

Â