The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Not a bad deal at all for £8m, for a player in his prime who didn't look bad as a squad player for the best team in the country. He's not good enough to be a regular starter for City, but he'll do a great job for most other sides in the league.

And the former Villa snake is likely to be replacing another former Villa player, Gueye. Who we let go for £7m after signing him for £9m. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/07/2019 at 14:22, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, I hate the bloke, but for £8m that looks a really good deal to me 🤷‍♂️

Yes a bit surprising, England player and at 29 not that old, one of the best English midfielders imo, and even if he hasn't played that much he shouldn't have regressed as a player. £8-9M seems like a super deal for Everton.

• Like 2

I think its a dreadful deal. He was nothing special at Villa and was less productive than Westwood but bit more flashier for cameras

Not to mention he prob needed a payrise to sign

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Veretout signed for Roma.

Quality player.

Ehhh, he's alright as long as his head's in the game.  Genuinely think we have better in both McGinn and Grealish, certainly in application if not skill.  Think he'll hit his ceiling with Roma, if I'm wrong and he does enough to attract yet bigger clubs then he won't be able to get away with phoning it in for 3/4's of a season like he's just done.

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Ehhh, he's alright as long as his head's in the game.  Genuinely think we have better in both McGinn and Grealish, certainly in application if not skill.  Think he'll hit his ceiling with Roma, if I'm wrong and he does enough to attract yet bigger clubs then he won't be able to get away with phoning it in for 3/4's of a season like he's just done.

Prefer Pellegrini and Cristante tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Wish we'd have gone in for him and not Everton 6 years ago.

Think I read that Lambert turned down the option? Which makes sense since he was terrified of senior players

Â