The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

On 30/05/2019 at 11:06, rodders0223 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vVzI9P_7Rk

A very good listen. Bannan talks about the early days at Villa.

Sorry, I didn't see this and posted it as a new thread. I thought this was absolutely superb. One of the best interviews I've ever seen with a player.

Got a lot of time for him, and honestly think he has the ability to play top flight football. A bit sad as well, though, as he gives some clues as to why a whole generation of decent young prospects didn't fulfil their potential.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Sorry, I didn't see this and posted it as a new thread. I thought this was absolutely superb. One of the best interviews I've ever seen with a player.

Got a lot of time for him, and honestly think he has the ability to play top flight football. A bit sad as well, though, as he gives some clues as to why a whole generation of decent young prospects didn't fulfil their potential.

Seems to be a bit too laid back and lacking in belief. Something i can relate too tbh.

Not the character I had imagined and always rated him as a decent footballer. The end of the Houllier year was a turning point.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seems to be a bit too laid back and lacking in belief. Something i can relate too tbh.

Not the character I had imagined and always rated him as a decent footballer. The end of the Houllier year was a turning point.

Yeah, I find that with a lot of these podcasts, though. The players who come across as the warmest and most interesting people struggle to show that obsessive focus. He might have had more luck playing in another country, where his physique would be less of an issue, but imagine he'd struggle with the culture shock!

On 05/06/2019 at 18:49, KentVillan said:

Isn't it funny how an interview can change the way you feel about someone? I never disliked him or anything, but that was fantastic and you could see it was genuine. Really have a lot of time for him after that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Isn't it funny how an interview can change the way you feel about someone? I never disliked him or anything, but that was fantastic and you could see it was genuine. Really have a lot of time for him after that. 

I think footballers get an unfair reputation for being assholes and also for giving robotic cliched in interviews. I think fans appreciate these types of interviews more as you can see they are humans as well

Lot more natural than a Sky or BBC interview with a PR guy in the background

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Best advice ever V4L. Way to earn your wages ;)

I don't rate Bowery one bit so i'm a happy chappy :)  i'll be going  watch Crewe some weeks i have off at Gresty Road as i can go any home game i want..  I can't wait!! 

Edited by Villan4Life

Â