The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

24 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Did anyone see lee Hendrie on channel 5 last night? I forgot what a strange looking man he is.

he also talks completely out his arse

What was he saying?

He blatantly doesn't follow football at all, had a shocked look on his face when he saw where Coventrys league position. Was just repeating things over and over, I mean the punditry is **** awful on channel 5 at the best of times but it hit rock bottom last night.

he didn't say anything about villa in particular!

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel Johnson and Callum Robinson were milking it at the end today. Fair play to them, must've been nice for them to show the club what we let go. Glad they got a good round of applause when they came over to our fans too despite our performance and the general atmosphere.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Boateng saying he could've been a villa legend has to be one of the most deluded things a player has said on leaving us.

A decent player but no more than that.

He's not even a **** Middlesbrough legend.

On 10/4/2016 at 08:52, VillaChris said:

Boateng saying he could've been a villa legend has to be one of the most deluded things a player has said on leaving us.

A decent player but no more than that.

Wouldn't mind him in our current midfield!

Brett Holman was interviewed by Fox Sports Australia about his career and coming back to Australia. Here's what he said about his time at the Villa:

Aston Villa. Huge club, how do you classify your one season there?

If you look at it now, as to when I was there (2012-13), I was halfway through the phase of a sinking ship in a sense, if you talk how big the club is, and they are huge.

But it was just a shambles, all over the place. It was a sinking ship and they got relegated and were an absolute disgrace last year. Thankfully they got new owners in and I wish them all the best because the people around the club are just fantastic, proper club people working for years there. My time, though, was doomed from day one. You walk in to do your medical and the manager that brought me in (Alex McLeish) is walking out with his boxes! I said ‘what’s happening?’ He said: “just got sacked”.

What, it actually happened like that?

No word of a lie. I did my pre-contract in February, but had to do another medical at the end of the season in May, and, no kidding, I’m walking in and he walks past!

Did you say “all the best”?

Nah, he said it to me! Holland and Europe is really different, signings don’t go off the manager, they go off the whole technical department, and philosophy of the club. In England, the manager signs wholly. Paul Lambert comes in and doesn’t want to prove the last manager right because of the last guy’s signing. That’s how it works in England. Like Man U, Mourinho brings in Zlatan, he wants to get out Schweinsteiger, van Gaal’s signings. And I didn’t know that, I thought the club wanted me. Obviously the manager did. So that hurts. I still enjoyed it, but it got to the stage where he (Lambert) said “you’re the other guy’s signing, and I don’t want you here”.

Full Interview

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He was shit. He can't complain.

He was at least better than Bowery orDawkins 

If Lambert did say those comments about him being the other guys signings it's a pretty shit way of treating someone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He was at least better than Bowery orDawkins 

If Lambert did say those comments about him being the other guys signings it's a pretty shit way of treating someone.

in fairness this is a manager who disillusioned some of his senior players by making them train on their own

• Like 1

It's nice to see Southgate do well, always liked him as a player and seems a decent bloke. 

Never really heard him talk about the villa though, you'd think he would as after all we made him really. Before us, he was a nothing cm at palace. Really bold move by Brian Little. That team has to be one of my favourites growing up a villa fan.

On 10/8/2016 at 17:40, mikeyp102 said:

It's nice to see Southgate do well, always liked him as a player and seems a decent bloke. 

Never really heard him talk about the villa though, you'd think he would as after all we made him really. Before us, he was a nothing cm at palace. Really bold move by Brian Little. That team has to be one of my favourites growing up a villa fan.

Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Did I miss something?

Well I'd say being offered the England job, even on temporary basis, would constitute a high point for him and thus his career is doing well..not saying he has necessarily done well in that role (although it is a 100% win record so far :P)

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well I'd say being offered the England job, even on temporary basis, would constitute a high point for him and thus his career is doing well..not saying he has necessarily done well in that role (although it is a 100% win record so far :P)

He was great for us, but turned into a word removed when he chased the £sss all the way to Smogland

• Like 1

Â