The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

I've just been watching the 1992-1993 Aston Villa season review - God really was God when it came to football. 

Good doesn't even get remotely close to describing him.

Its the only time in my 30 odd years of watching us I've seen the best player in the world in his position in our colours. Probably be the only time as well.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its the only time in my 30 odd years of watching us I've seen the best player in the world in his position in our colours. Probably be the only time as well.

Very much agree - a great era with some great players for me. Just reminiscing with some Steve Staunton thunderbolts at the moment.

It's great to support such a fantastic football club.  

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

as an Ireland and Villa fan I will never see a player like that ever, Roy Keane was close but McGrath was the man

said it before if he didnt have his problems off the pitch he would have never been here and would have got further than United. Plus he is more humble than any football legend I have ever seen ( he would be embarrassed we called him a legend)

56 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Feel a bit bad for him now. Just looking at some of the goals he is conceding he just can't shift his body or get down. Embarrassing himself a bit tbf.

Im sure he went Stoke as 3rd choice keeper but I dont know what happened to Danish lad they signed but it turns out he is worse than Given

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Scott Sinclair starts tonight in the Nou Camp for Celtic against Barca. He probably can't believe his life.

sure he also started at Emirates and Old Trafford in 2016. he really must feel like a competition winner

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

On a night Villa kick-off at home needing a win against Brentford, Marc Albrighton has opened the scoring in the Champions League.

Remarkable.

A microcosm of the direction they've both taken over the past few years.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, so I'm hoping one of our Swedish or Danish friends can help out and confirm whether something I heard today is actually true or not.

Apparently our two greatest defenders of recent times, Mellberg  and Laursen, are now technically related? Apparently Olof's wife is cousins with Laursen's wife. Is this correct?

On 15/09/2016 at 22:57, Zatman said:

Ron Vlaar not looking that solid vs Dundalk :o

Only just noticed he's at Alkmaar who are doing well in the Eredivisie. They also signed Fred Friday.

On September 15, 2016 at 23:31, Jenko#4 said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, so I'm hoping one of our Swedish or Danish friends can help out and confirm whether something I heard today is actually true or not.

Apparently our two greatest defenders of recent times, Mellberg  and Laursen, are now technically related? Apparently Olof's wife is cousins with Laursen's wife. Is this correct?

Yes it's correct. 

Â