The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

All joking aside, I'd give my (well, your) left nut to see Heskey try and play in a Martinez side at this moment in time. Martinez has his side pretty well sorted now, so seeing Heskey in full flight in that side would be something else :lol:

i actually think he'd be an improvement on they're current strikers. The prolific bunch of: Conor Sammon, Calum Mcmanaman, Mauro Boselli and Franco Di Santo.

i actually think he'd be an improvement on they're current strikers.

Well we'll agree to spectacularly disagree then.

I'm with you BOF, not only does Heskey lack any kind of goal threat he also fails to resemble a footballer at all. I struggle to think of a worse option in attack than him.

I actually think your team is more likely to score if he was sent off.

• 4 months later...

Michael Bradley's gem last month against Russia

Yeah, he's been really solid with Roma this year, commanding a starting spot in a pretty formidable midfield. He's responsible for a bad touch here or there, but he provides an imposing presence on the pitch and I think he has a really high ceiling. His improvement is constant and continual. His positioning and tactical sensibilities have improved vastly, and I think he's becoming a very well-rounded player. Future USA captain, for sure; he conducts himself like a captain right now and commands that respect. I can't help but smirk every time I think about comments on VillaTalk to the effect of him being "the worst player to ever wear a Villa shirt." We could sure use his bite in the midfield right now.

Edited by JamieZ

Yeah, he's been really solid with Roma this year, commanding a starting spot in a pretty formidable midfield. He's responsible for a bad touch here or there, but he provides an imposing presence on the pitch and I think he has a really high ceiling. His improvement is constant and continual. His positioning and tactical sensibilities have improved vastly, and I think he's becoming a very well-rounded player. Future USA captain, for sure; he conducts himself like a captain right now and commands that respect. I can't help but smirk every time I think about comments on VillaTalk to the effect of him being "the worst player to ever wear a Villa shirt." We could sure use his bite in the midfield right now.

Can't say I've seen him recently, but I would hazard that the Italian league is a lot slower paced than the prem so that may be more suited to his style..

Nice strike though

Edited by mikeyp102

Former Czech Republic and Aston Villa footballer dies in sledding crash

Vaclav Drobny was capped two times for his country.

soccer-international-friendly-italy-v-czech-republic-310x415.jpg

Vaclav Drobny was briefly on Aston Villa's books.

FORMER CZECH REPUBLIC and Strasbourg defender Vaclav Drobny died in a sledding accident, in the early hours of this morning, at the age of 32, Czech media said.

Drobny, who played twice for the Czech Republic, skidded off a piste and crashed into a tree in the Czech winter resort of Spindleruv Mlyn, some 140 kilometres northeast of Prague.

“The accident occurred shortly after 2:00am… despite the physicians’ efforts, the young man succumbed to his injuries early in the morning,” said a report on the local police website.

Drobny was the captain of the Czech Republic’s under-21 team that won the European Championships in 2002.

Made made his senior debut against Japan but failed to make the Czech squad for Euro 2004.

After the tournament, Drobny moved from the Czech top league to Strasbourg for which he played 42 games before being loaned to Aston Villa, but he never played for the Birmingham side.

He then moved to Sparta Prague with whom he won the Czech league title in 2007 before switching to play in a Prague regional league.

http://thescore.thej...733287-Dec2012/

Rest in peace.

Â