The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

was watching highlights of burnley vs brighton earlier and spotted phil bardsley, not a clue how he is a PL player, he wasnt good enough with us 10 years back, i assumed he was one of the shit old expensive "professionals" who sunk sunderland

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

was watching highlights of burnley vs brighton earlier and spotted phil bardsley, not a clue how he is a PL player, he wasnt good enough with us 10 years back, i assumed he was one of the shit old expensive "professionals" who sunk sunderland

He was at Stoke for a few seasons recently 

On 04/12/2018 at 21:06, Tomaszk said:

One of my favourite players ever.

I was at his debut and watched him become a player getting bollocked by Southgate and Ugo.

Had that funny 18 month spell when he was the best left sided English midfielder by so far it was farcical Sven would never have him in his squad with no left mids.

25 year old Barry into our current midfield and we win the league with games to spare.

Bloody hell. 

Gareth Barry today would get us up!

Their best player v us and their best player by a mile just v Sheff U. You get the feeling he'll play 90 mins every game as well. Chugging around midfield. Never gets injured. Made of granite that guy.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bloody hell. 

Gareth Barry today would get us up!

Their best player v us and their best player by a mile just v Sheff U. You get the feeling he'll play 90 mins every game as well. Chugging around midfield. Never gets injured. Made of granite that guy.

Not sure he'd be welcomed back by many given how he left.

• Confused 1

On 04/12/2018 at 22:06, Tomaszk said:

One of my favourite players ever.

I was at his debut and watched him become a player getting bollocked by Southgate and Ugo.

Had that funny 18 month spell when he was the best left sided English midfielder by so far it was farcical Sven would never have him in his squad with no left mids.

25 year old Barry into our current midfield and we win the league with games to spare.

I am not old enough to imagine Cowans or Platt but Barry was a star and he always was regardless of position 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

SGT bought Crouchy to Villa.

Blimey, seems like another lifetime ago.

16 years ago. We have had 3 owners and about 10 managers since then

Though was potential in Crouch when here just DOL never rated him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The thread is locked but it seems the great man Leandro Bacuna is going to Cardiff for 3million

Getting closer to that Champions League move

When they've seen him play they'll be flying him across the channel in a light aircraft.

(Yeah, yeah, I know....)

Â