The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Is that meant to be cool or something?

I'd be embarrassed to put my identity to that, and look at the shit I post on here!

its probably cool in Wigan ;)

he did get a free season ticket for his Will Grigg song

The Fonz scored on his first game back for Balckpool

He's back lads and ladies. The new Drogba is going to finally fulfil his potential. 

Former Nottingham Forest striker Stan Collymore says he is no longer interested in a role as sporting director at the Championship club.

Collymore, 46, expressed an interest in the role at a meeting with Forest owner Fawaz Al Hasawi on Tuesday.

But after "time to reflect" on the meeting and feedback from fans, he has now "withdrawn from any involvement".

He had said: "I'm not convinced change will happen quickly or thoroughly enough under Fawaz's ownership."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38744007

I am sure they were falling over themselves to sign you up too. That's a shame.

God, this guy is a deluded fool.

His work rate made space and things happen! I thought the lack of that work and stretching of defences plates a part in our awful season last year. Can understand why Lambo wanted him back. 

Brought back fond memories of his finish against Liverpool for us when Benteke set him up at Anfield a few years ago. He was always a favourite of mine. Quite an inflexible player and difficult to fit into a system but if you have the right player around him and they are playing well, he can be great on his day.

• Like 1

How many opposition players can say they've scored twice infront of the Kop?

Weimann never really kicked on from his excellent 12/13. He never progressed technically and always seemed to want to play the game at 100mph which has its limitations.

That said I'm surprised he didn't make more impact at Derby. Wolves is a good move for him with a manager he trusts and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 10:29, Hornso said:

Thomas Sorensen has gone from A-League keeper of the year last season to sitting on the bench at Melbourne City this year but managed to watch his side win the FFA Cup the other week.

melbourne-city-celebrate-winning-the-wes

Dean Bouzanis, Melbourne City's first choice keeper has been suspended for 5 games. Will give Sorensen a chance to re-establish himself as #1 at Melbourne City.

I have searched and couldnt find anything about this but believe its worth a mention so apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

I noticed this article in the Birmingham Mail click here

Today is the sad anniversary of the death of Eamonn Deacy

It's five years today since Aston Villa's 1981 First Division championship winner Eamonn Deacy passed away.

Deacy died aged 53 on February 13 2012 after a heart attack.

His Villa team-mate and friend Ken McNaught led the touching tributes following Deacy's death.

The Irish utility player was one of only 14 players used by manager Ron Saunders throughout the League Championship season of 1980-81.

McNaught played with Deacy and said it was a pleasure to be in the same team as the man who ‘brought a smile to everybody’s face’.

“He could not have been a nicer bloke and all the players from that team will say the same," said McNaught.

Eamon Deacy
Eamon Deacy

“He was on the bench for most of the season when we won the league but whenever he was called upon he came on and did a good job.

“He was a great character to have around the place and was so unpretentious.

“I remember when he refused to go up and collect his league winners medal because he felt he had not contributed enough.

A sad reminder.

• 2 weeks later...
Â