The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Just goes to show how utterly poor the Scottish Pub League is these days, when a League 2 standard player like Osbourne is likened to a legend like Vieira. Half the teams in that league would probably struggle in League 2 anyway.

My favourite two Young and Reo-Coker both had good games, I hope they both do well :)

Yeah I was pleased to see them have a good start to the season.

With regards to AY, we'll now have Man Utd fans telling us how they made him a great player, and that he was shite before he joined them, pretty much like when Dwight Yorke signed for them.

My favourite two Young and Reo-Coker both had good games, I hope they both do well :)

With regards to AY, we'll now have Man Utd fans telling us how they made him a great player, and that he was shite before he joined them, pretty much like when Dwight Yorke signed for them.

Gutted about Coker - he should have been a Villa player and they could have Stan!

Young really pees me off. The Charity Shield and yesterday's highlights show what a good player he is. Why did he not do that for us over the last couple of seasons.

Gutted about Coker - he should have been a Villa player and they could have Stan!

Young really pees me off. The Charity Shield and yesterday's highlights show what a good player he is. Why did he not do that for us over the last couple of seasons.

The thing we need to remember is that AY was fantastic player for us, and his form only started to dip a little when important players around him started being sold off (First GB, then JM). This meant that more onus was put on him to carry the team, which made him an easier target for the opposition to stifle, which in turn probably frustrated the hell out of him.

I think he's a confidence player, but he always gave it his all for Villa. His performances werent outstanding last year, but he put in some very committed performances.

Now he gets his dream move and all of a sudden he has the belief to take players on again. Not only that, but he gets an opportunity to attack his full back every 5 minutes, where as his chances were far more limited for us. You saw yesterday that he gave the ball away plenty of times, but that didnt really matter because there'd be more opportunities to get past his full back. With us, he may have only been given a couple of opportunities to run at the opposition in a game, so had to be a bit more resourcefull.

I do share your frustration though, even the Liverpool fan I work with has conceded that he looks a fantastic player.

Ashley Young is a fantastic player, and works hard for whichever team he's playing/played for (Watford, Villa, Man Utd, England). He's always been a hard worker and a winner, and I can't believe it when people doubt that.

He wasn't surrounded by quality at Villa, whereas Manchester United have some of the country's (and world's) best players. Of course this gives you more confidence. Someone like Ashley will believe in himself more purely because a team of United's stature has signed him. Alex Ferguson is a fantastic motivator of players, too. Everything about the setup there will give Ash confidence, and he'll thrive and really cement his place in the England team, imo. However, to question his work rate at Villa, and to wonder why he lacked in confidence here but not at Manchester United, simply lacks any impartial and reasonable thought.

quick glance on Wiki and i found this about our lost talent :D

Born in Cheltenham, Ethan began his career with Southampton, joining their academy at the age of 11.He was then bought by Aston Villa at 13 and continued until he left the club by mutual consent.He then joined Cheltenham Town as a unpaid traniee as his registration was still held by Aston Villa. On 25 May 2011, Ethan was offered his first professional contract by Cheltenham Town and became the third summer signing of Cheltenham Town. Many experts of the game who have witnessed Moore play have described as a special talent, arguably the best player of his generation. It's likely that Moore will soon force his way into Capello's plans as long as he stays alive and stays on the field. Superb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Moore

Prominent hyperbolic youth enthusiast, sir_gary_cahill, was the first person to notice Moore's extraordinary talent. Some people claim that sir_gary_cahill and Moore are indeed the same person but as off yet no evidence has been given to support those allegations.

Whoever has wrote that is a legend.

:crylaugh:

Â