Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

For some reason Villa have looked after Gary Gardner for many years whilst he's done nothing and been injured and made the great gesture (for him) of selling him to blues. He's been here for ages and done jack all. and people moan about Gabby Agbonlahor who scored at every big stadium in the prem?

I think it was back in 2014 when every one realized this guy was finished, but for some reason we held on to him and even gave him a new contract last year.

How come people like Chrissy Herd or Weiman didn't get the same treatment. Weiman had a bigger contribution in much the same ammount of time.

Is it because he's from birmingham and Villa want to send the message to the parents of brummy kids whoever they support they will be looked after?

Villa could of cashed in in 2015 when he played 20 games for brighton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

For some reason Villa have looked after Gary Gardner for many years whilst he's done nothing and been injured and made the great gesture (for him) of selling him to blues. He's been here for ages and done jack all. and people moan about Gabby Agbonlahor who scored at every big stadium in the prem?

I think it was back in 2014 when every one realized this guy was finished, but for some reason we held on to him and even gave him a new contract last year.

How come people like Chrissy Herd or Weiman didn't get the same treatment. Weiman had a bigger contribution in much the same ammount of time.

Is it because he's from birmingham and Villa want to send the message to the parents of brummy kids whoever they support they will be looked after?

Villa could of cashed in in 2015 when he played 20 games for brighton.

As the saying goes you are a better player when you are not playing.

I remember Lambert that gave him a years deal to prove himself when he fell out of contract(which I agreed with at that point) and even at that stage he was pushing his luck and I thought it was a punt. Was that 5 years ago now??

I'm not going to go hyoerbol and suggest he was the worst player I've ever seen in claret and blue because he wasn't, but he is one that done my head in more than most. 

And the reason for that was probably more down to the club than him personally, but i just never saw anything. I watched someone that couldn't tackle, couldn't pass, didn't bust his balls for cause, never really took responsibility, he was just a nothing sort of player. 

And yet i see fans telling me he was better that Jack Wilshire in some England school boys tournament and the club seemed to be blinded by it as well and kept giving him contracts. 

Even now people are saying 'well the contract was a good idea because we now have Jota on the cheap' no we don't. We have reportedly given sha £4m, and we have paid Gardner millions in wages over the years. 

He isn't and was never good enough. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Fraud of a footballer and as a person as well. Although marginally better than his brother. 

Nah, both snidey lying afterbirths

Had the pleasure of spending some time in him and his mate’s company once, he was an arrogant clearing in the woods. Not surprised he’s now claiming nose.

Get the impression they both liked Man Utd growing up and just played the home town boy shit up to keep their contracts ticking over. 

I don't really mind. He probably was a blue nose growing up, does it matter?  Same goes for Craig. 

They came through the academy and Craig played 100 games for us and seemed to care when he was on the pitch.  

Yea, we've given Gary some questionable contracts, but he wouldn't have been earning loads (in relative terms) and his injuries have undoubtedly held him back. 

He's going across the city and with how some morons are, he's had to say these things, same for his brother.  I don't believe for one second they don't appreciate all the help they've had over the years and it'll be like when players like Cyril Regis retire - people will just call them solid pros. 

Good luck to the guy I think - it never worked out here, and he's stayed local, I don't blame him if his family are around here.  They seem quite family orientated too, judging from him Xmas instagram posts of them all having dinner together. 

• Like 1

A very promising youth player, but has been down the pecking order for some years now. Should have left the club 5/6 years ago.

I've put together his career games at all levels just to show how well thought of he was as a goalscoring midfielder. scored lots in the next gen games.

Gards.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't really mind. He probably was a blue nose growing up, does it matter?  Same goes for Craig. 

They came through the academy and Craig played 100 games for us and seemed to care when he was on the pitch.  

Yea, we've given Gary some questionable contracts, but he wouldn't have been earning loads (in relative terms) and his injuries have undoubtedly held him back. 

He's going across the city and with how some morons are, he's had to say these things, same for his brother.  I don't believe for one second they don't appreciate all the help they've had over the years and it'll be like when players like Cyril Regis retire - people will just call them solid pros. 

Good luck to the guy I think - it never worked out here, and he's stayed local, I don't blame him if his family are around here.  They seem quite family orientated too, judging from him Xmas instagram posts of them all having dinner together. 

I don't give a toss that he's a blues fan, I find it sad that he has to hide it. Be true to yourself. 

I'd think more of someone who said "I grew up supporting Villa but now I play for Blues, I'll always give 100%'" or vice versa

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't give a toss that he's a blues fan, I find it sad that he has to hide it. Be true to yourself. 

Indeed. He didn't have to talk about how it's a dream to play for us, that he was a boyhood Villa fan, and all of this bollocks. He could have just kept his mouth shut. But to go from boyhood Villa fan to Bluenose, as soon as they start paying his wages instead of us? Well, it makes him look like a cowardly, duplicitous piece of shit. As we all know though, it runs in the family, no surprises. 

I wish him nothing but failure. So basically, keep on doing what you're doing, Gary. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed. He didn't have to talk about how it's a dream to play for us, that he was a boyhood Villa fan, and all of this bollocks. He could have just kept his mouth shut. But to go from boyhood Villa fan to Bluenose, as soon as they start paying his wages instead of us? Well, it makes him look like a cowardly, duplicitous piece of shit. As we all know though, it runs in the family, no surprises. 

I wish him nothing but failure. So basically, keep on doing what you're doing, Gary. 

Yeah I don't get this. Why not just say from the off, 'yeah we all supported blues as kids but I'm playing for villa now and it's my livelihood.'

That would have been a reasonable statement to make, and barring a few boneheads, I'm sure villa fans would have been able to accept that.

I just hope he doesn't stoop as low as his brother did when he did that 'them lot up the road' interview. 

I’m going to go against the grain and say whenever I saw him last season for Birmingham City, he was the best player on the pitch. I’m pleased for him that it seems to be working out for him, just a shame it’s there. I saw him as a kid for our u18s and u23s and he was excellent, he never really translated that form in to our first team but I’ll always remember for the goal and celebration against Birmingham City in 2016, it was a great header, probably the best header I’ve ever seen, I’m going to watch it on  YouTube now

On 10/09/2015 at 17:33, Gillz said:

TS must have liked what he's seen. On the OS he's quotes as saying :

He told AVTV: "We are delighted that Gary has signed a long-term contract because we do see him as the future of the football club.

"It's too easy to discard your homegrown players. I am not one to do that.

"We will give him every opportunity to play for the club he loves.

link: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4992782,00.html

This is the last time I clicked on Gary's thread which says a lot about how interested in him I am/was.

Thanks Sherwood 🤦‍♂️

I'd play for blues if they paid me 12k a week. I'd even put a shift in. and if I earned my dream move to Villa I would give it the big un like steve gatley when he "came out" and sing new beginning as my canteen karaoke initiation in front of the lads.

However earning your dream move to Villa is on a different level than earning a dream move to blues.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

This is the last time I clicked on Gary's thread which says a lot about how interested in him I am/was.

Thanks Sherwood 🤦‍♂️

He got another contract under Bruce

He was a player I had high hopes for due to his youth reputation and maybe club was the same hence the new contracts. 

Truth is since his debut its hard to think of a worse centre midfielder maybe Chris Herd. Even Onomah offered more or Ciaran Clark in midfield 

Â