Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Why oh why oh why did we give him a new contract? 

Not anywhere close to the Gabby league of incompetent, but nevertheless money we are pissing away for absolutely no reason whatsoever. 

I had assumed we would sell him shortly afterwards as at least it would then have made sense. 

It's just a other cut in the death by a thousand cuts. 

• Like 2

He's one of our own who has looked ok playing elsewhere in our current division and might now get another opportunity to do the same with us. He also has an "atomic strike" and who could forget that header at Small Heath and his celebrations?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, John said:

He's one of our own who has looked ok playing elsewhere in our current division and might now get another opportunity to do the same with us. He also has an "atomic strike" and who could forget that header at Small Heath and his celebrations?

I have saw this strike for the U21s and elsewhere on loan but I don't think I have seen him strike a ball cleanly at VP yet. Everything is snatched, rushed and shanked.

The kid hasn't got it in his mindset.

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I have saw this strike for the U21s and elsewhere on loan but I don't think I have seen him strike a ball cleanly at VP yet. Everything is snatched, rushed and shanked.

This is what the problem is I think. I do think he does have some ability, but he lacks confidence. I remember every time he got the ball he seemed to want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Look terrified to make a mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he wants to do so well in a Villa shirt that it may have had a negative impact upon him along with the injuries that have plagued him and our high early expectations of him. I'm hoping that he will come good this season after all he's unlikely to be too pressured for a first team place as we might not have many players left to do that by the start of the season. That might help him at least.  

On 02/07/2018 at 12:43, rodders0223 said:

He hit a cracking strike from about 35 yards at Derby that hit the post when we just went down. Was unsaveable and thought this was a weapon in this league

Have said it before he is a big Villa fan and think pressure of that is certainly playing on his mind

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd rather have him in the team over Whelan at this point. Much cheaper, and has more mobility. 

Me too, I think he’ll have a good season

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I'd rather have him in the team over Whelan at this point. Much cheaper, and has more mobility

I dunno, there have been some performances by Gardner where he made Whelan look like a marathon runner

I remember seeing a few youth matches where I could see why people were talking about him.

Seen absolutely nothing in the men's divisions to suggest he is going to find his feet.

3 hours ago, daggy_333 said:
The Religion - AVFC @AVFC_Religion
FollowFollow @AVFC_Religion
More

Gary Gardner has NOT travelled to Portugal.

Not sure how true this is but i wonder if he's injured again or if he's on the way out?

Probably not taken him on the flight due the risk of deep vein thrombosis :) 

likeable lad but not going to cut the mustard even at our level

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Surely Bolton or Rotherham or someone will take a chance on bringing him in on loan. 

Don't worry. Loan window is open until the end of the month, I'm guessing quite a few will go out on loan as the squad is way too big

Â