Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Really dont see the fuss with Delph. Premier League seems too much for him.. he thinks he has more time on the ball than he does.. potential is there.. needs to up the tempo in his game.. do everything quicker.

Gardner and Makoun came on against chelsea and for once we had players PRESSING against their midfielders.. petrov delph ireland were backing off and letting them dictate the play.

Gardner looked confident composed.. pressed well.. really put himself about physically. Future star.

I think Deph needs to play further forward. Might of been a better choice wide, than Fonzy.

But you dont know these things unless you try them against top notch opposition.

Eck would have learnt more today about individuals than in any of the other two games.

Really dont see the fuss with Delph. Premier League seems too much for him.. he thinks he has more time on the ball than he does.. potential is there.. needs to up the tempo in his game.. do everything quicker.

Gardner and Makoun came on against chelsea and for once we had players PRESSING against their midfielders.. petrov delph ireland were backing off and letting them dictate the play.

Gardner looked confident composed.. pressed well.. really put himself about physically. Future star.

Totally agree. I dont undersatnd all this fuss with Delph. People on here keep saying wait to see what he can do but I honestly dont think he is up to much

Totally agree. I dont undersatnd all this fuss with Delph. People on here keep saying wait to see what he can do but I honestly dont think he is up to much

Had to do a double take because I thought you were agreeing with yourself there :)

Gardener played ok, of course opponent players at that point were getting tired and there was more room in the field, but still good fearless performance. Really loved the way he went for ball in our goalkeeping zone and tackled Drogba out of way with his shoulder.

In another note I also thought Delph played well, he seemed very hungry, maybe through inexperience gave the ball away few time but still before Bannan came in he was clearly the player with best attitude (willingness to do anything win the ball) on Villa side.

Â