Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Lambert made some very interesting remarks at the fans forum.

He spoke to playing "men's football" compared to academy football. For young lads to come out of academy/reserve football into the Premier league and make an impression is very difficult. It is probably the most physically challenging league in the world.

I've not seen anything from Gardner to suggest he will be anywhere near as good as his brother, let alone our Steven Gerrard. Shame as with all the hype about him I was pretty hopefull but he wont be the last youngster to come through our ranks and not live up to the hype.

He just about sums up our entire youth products, OVERRATED!

If Lerner honestly thinks these young players our Villa's future then god help us. All we've heard for years now is how great our youth system is, well where's the evidence? None of them other than Gabby and Gary Cahill have amounted to anything of note. A team packed with our youth team graduates are easy pickings for the opposing team, and that's one of the main reasons why we've been so weak these last couple of years.

Our club is going nowhere.

Terminate his contract then.. it will make us all feel better about yesterday no doubt.. :|

:?

I'm not writing him off.

He just needs to improve when he gets first team chances otherwise he's going to find himself slipping down the pecking order and getting less and less minutes on the pitch.

He's had a lot of hype surrounding him for a couple of years now and as of yet he's failed to show his talents in the first team.

It's hardly just yesterday's game.

I think he's looked very average most times he appears in the first team.

Who did look good last season?

He actually managed to impress after coming on against Citeh I think, not to mention that shot that led to Weimann's goal against Fulham. Surprisingly really, given the fact he had license to actually go forward.

It's hardly just yesterday's game.

I think he's looked very average most times he appears in the first team.

Who did look good last season?

Herd, Baker, Lichaj, Wieman all showed more promise for me last season in there first team appearances. I'm not writing Gardner off, but he has shown nothing so far to show me he can become a top class premier league player.

I remember Craig's debut against Newcastle I think and he showed more that Gary has in that one game.

Give GG a break FFS the lad is 19.

There is a pattern with our young players and we are still making that comment but replacing 19 with 22....

at 19 people should be able to see what you are good at and what you could be really good at in the future...

At 19 Bannans passing range looked a real asset....

Herd had his tackling, heading ability and strength...

Albrighton had his pace and dribbling....

what's Gardners?

gg the closest thing we have to gerrard give the boy time it was only january he made his debut

Steven Gerrard played 31 games for Liverpool when he was 19....

When gerrard made his debut all liverpool fans knew they were watching a future club and england captain coz he was that class....

Gary Gardner is nothing like gerrard and never will be

somebody still hasn't answered my question which speaks volumes

What is this guy actually good at doing?

What are his attributes?

Coz i cant think of any

He hasn't played too many games in the 1st team as of yet, mainly due to a terrible knee injury suffered a few years ago. After that we nursed him back very slowly but the fact is at 19 has has lost 2 years of development and full time footy. He was rated as highly as Wilshire and captained the England team that he and Wilshire played in at U-17 level. He has captaine this club at every level apart from the first team and has been one of our best performers in a strong reserve team since he was 16. He has played or England at every level through to the U-21's where he has also manage to score a goal.

His passing is his main attribute along with the ability to pop up in the box and score a goal. He is also lethal at set pieces and is good at shooting from distance.

Lets not worry about this though hey, he's had a handful of games in a very weak team and he hasn't single handedly won all the games so he must be shit.

Â