Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Surely, surely the club wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him - loan him to NF - that is a great idea, he gets back up to speed and then can come into the team next season with a load of experience at that level and contaminated by the terrible toxic atmosphere of the current dressing room. But selling him for peanuts, why?!?!?

I just don't think he trains well. He did very well at Forrest last season. Fans were even saying it would be a huge coup if they managed to sign him because Gardner was premier league quality. He just hasn't been given a chance at all which is a shame. It seemed like Sherwood wanted to give him a shot early in the season but then he got injured and when he finally got fit, Sherwood was sacked. 

Nottingham Forest fans seem very happy to have him back.

Lets remember that some players take longer to develop and that is hopefully the case with Gardner given his injuries. Delph really didn't do that well for us until the end of the 2012/2013 season when he was a similar age to Gardner. Hopefully we wont sell him and he becomes another Cahill or Albrighton.

I would loan him to Forest give him a chance next season and that really is last chance saloon for him. In a way he is pretty fortunate we are going down as he is more likely to get an opportunity. I also think he was pretty lucky to get his contract renewed but that's another story.

• Like 2

Loaning him to a Championship team to help him develop and then using him next season has to be the best idea. 

It is would be nice to have a bit more height in our midfield and he is about 6'2" I believe.

• Like 2

I can't believe it's been 4 years since he broke into the team and was starting games. Really sad that he's done absolutely nothing since. Apart from a freekick in preseason 2013 I can't remember a single thing he's done or even a single appearance he made for us. Damn.

• Like 1

His career to date may have been ravaged by injuries but lets face it - he will never ever make it as a starter for Villa. The kid simply isn't good enough for where we are and what we need - I also believe this will be the case following our inevitable relegation. 

Let him go. 

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Is he though? He's never looked any good for us - Westwood has been competent. 

Agree, that's a bit harsh on Westwood. I'm sure Gardner would not have been any worse than Gueye and Sanchez though, they are crap

14 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Yeah, let him go when we're almost certainly going to be in the championship next season, a league where he's done well recently. Yup, brilliant.

Will WE play him even in that league though? Assuming we keep the same squad and there is no reason we shouldn't we'd have better players in front of him. In that scenario he's a waste of a squad  place. If he was good enough he'd be playing now  - and this is not the same as the Cahill situation. Dynamic midfielders with his injury record at his age rarely go on to succeed. 

Â