Ratings and Reactions

limpid

Given was superb and without him and had they wanted it their score could have been at least doubled.

I think the 2 games suggest the squad we now have is not up to taking on the likes of Chelsea and beating them but can compete with and beat the likes of Blackburn. Much the same as last season then although Chelsea and others will be less worried about playing us this season than last and the likes of Blackburn will be more confident of getting something from us than they have been in the past.

simple lessons learned

Given - great value, great keeper, still has it.

Petrov and Delph in the middle won't work. Not in any way or capacity.

Makoun and Gardner in the middle is much, much better in every way of measuring.

Clark can hold his own.

Cant believe Petrov lasted until the 73rd min , he was absolutely knackered , Chelsea players were running past him un challenged for about 20 min till he eventually got took off . I'm not gonna jump the gun as i think that would be totally un fair but after hearin comments off people tellin me how good Ireland is looking and seeming up for it he looked completly out of it , i'll blame fitness but seriously we got blown away for 70 minutes of that match , once changes were made to midfield we looked better . Be interesting to see how we set up against Derby in the week .

Didn't expect to beat them but the whole performance was woeful.

A sign of things to come

Where Chelsea et al were once a class above, they are now two classes at least above us

You cannot lose quality players, regularfirst teamers and not replace them except with kids and still hope to remain competitive.

Â