Ratings and Reactions

limpid

wow today was real real shit

the players were poor but the tactics, the formation, the shape, all wrong, totally totally wrong

the signs are there that this will be a season of hoof ball, in a preseason friendly where it is about fitness technique, keeping the ball, gaining confidence in horrid conditions where you want to preserve energy and the ball, we play hoof ball.

2 games in a row now

if it is something we are not planning on using throughout the season, why would we be wasting our time with it in preseason?

the excuses will roll in, not match fit, a pre season friendly, poor pitch nzogbia wasnt playing.

end of the day it was dire football, nothing wrong with **** up passing as people get their range, but hooofball?

collins today hit the ball long when under no pressure 14 times in the second half i counted

each pass is slightly behind a player, every time so the player hasd to check back and then pass it back by which time the other team are pressuring us.

it really is not difficult or complex, and these boys get 30k plus per week to practice

it is nothing to do with the opposition, if we have the ball and are passing it around then they will only lose it when they make a mistake.

hooof the **** and then at best it is 1 in 4 chance as 1 forward against 4 defenders

why on earth would we be doing that?

i thought dunne looked the best of the defence, he at least tried to step out with the ball and find a midfielder, warnock was second best

midfield? was there any one in the first half?

ireland was shit, really, he was w@nk

fonz had the ball several times and was clueless, he did however make some good headers, unfortunately being placed out wide meant most of the ones he won went straight out or to chelsea players

petrov, did a couple nice things but has become crab man, passing it either backwards or sideways and sllightly backwards

alby worst game i have seen from him, not once did he try and go round the back, every time he stopped and passed it back to young who hoofed it.

gabby, ineffective, either play him up front or leave him on the bench, he doesnt have the football brain to be anything other than a reaction forward, that is not a bad thing but to expect him to drop deap hold it up and then turn his man before spraying a decent pass is never ever going to happen with him so either play him down the middle or on the bench only.

delp - the effort was there but he needs a strong player with energy with him otherwise he looks lost and shit, which is what happened today

heskey - did ok, had a decent shit when he went down the middle, out wide was w@nk,

bent - we are unless nzogbia comes good, a 1 man team, its official

gardener -bigger than i expected, tidy with the ball and looked far more composed and solid than petrov looked, also was looking for the option foward as well as trying to keep posession

bannan - hmmm, did some tidy things but then keeps trying a hollywood pass. i want to see the midget take the ball and run at them, he has the ideal height and skil to be able to weave in and out of a congested middle of the park, he really REALLY is not a wide player

makoun - on a hot day with possession always going to be the key to this match he had the common sense to ignore what ever the management wanted, he kept the ball , passed it on the floor to feat.

again he needs a strong player in the middle with him in order to be at his best

management gets a 0 out of 10

**** hoofball again?

that takes the piss

we have players who can play good football and already we are being conditioned into accepting hoofball, 'keep it simple' yeah thats right launching it 70 yards from our box up into the air and closing your eyes hoping it lands near one of our players insterad of passing it along the ground is keeping it simple.

good one.

if the idea is to lower our expectations even further than they have already tried this preseason then they are doing a great job about it. getting players to keep going on about keeping it simple and if there is no ball to play then clear it.

utter bollocks and shit.

if we are to be the next wimbledon then fair enough, dont bullshit people though with crap like ' i play to the teams strengths' crap he came out with when at the scum having signed every player who played in his team he plays hoof ball and then tried to defend it.

Given - Excellent, made several great save. Unlucky with the 1st goal. Slight worry he palms alot that could be caught (i might be wrong)

Young - Defensively was okay, great positions going forward, but often isnt used or gives a poor ball. Hoofed along the line a bit much

Warnock - Very good again, strong tackles. Still a tendency to dive in too early

Dunne - Awful 1st minute, got better, then seemed to tire. Hopefully will up his game

Collins - Very strong but get caughts out by clever players. A genuine worry this season. Needs to stop thinking he is beckham

Albrighton - love the guy, awful today. only ways is up. huge season for him

Petrov - good on the ball, poor reactions though. game really passed him by and fitness is a big concern

Delph - strong, athletic and can keep the ball moving. didnt show much of that today. love to see him get a run of games

Delfouneso - lovely skill, good confidence, poor crossing. clearly not a winger but did his best. tired before substitution

Ireland - game passed him by, hard to know was this his fault or not, had high hopes for him this season, this has lowered after this game

Aghbonlahor - good spells, then went missing for long periods. i really dont know what type of player he is anymore. really bulked up too much

Makoun - kept the ball well, kept the play moving. hopefully will do well this season

Heskey - made a difference, nice shot-unlucky!

Bannan - thought he really improved us. could replace ireland soon if he doesnt up his game

gardener - honest to god i thought he looked excellent! just looked so comfortable and composed. game time is a must!

overall, not too disheartened. its still preseason. youth is our big hope!!

Pretty woeful performance if i'm being totally honest. Our two centre backs were run ragged. They seem to be able to perform against very average strike forces. Put them against Torres, Drogba, Hernandez, Rooney, Suarez, Aguero, Gervinho, Van Persie & they will always, always struggle. No pace & a clear inability to make up for that with reading the game better. Ah well. We all knew that already.

Positives...Given was superb. Great, great signing. At least he will have a lot of work this season. He will certainly be earning his money. lol.

Bannan & Gardner when they came on played well. Show a lot of promise.

We are definitely missing a brute midfield powerhouse...A combative midfielder who has the ability to break up play; work as a protector for the back four, and be belligerent with it. That looks like it is going to be a real issue over the season, and not just against the best teams.

The sweat dripping off them shirts says it all for me, couldn't of given anymore

Bannan, Gardner, Makoun, Albrighton definate first teamers for me.

Why Heskey gets shit, he was solid for the half he was on, Agbonlahor has lost whatever he had, bulked up too much and needs to go out on loan.

Looking at both games:

Given, Warnock, Makoun, Bannan are looking good

Collins and Dunne still look iffy. Selling Carlos could be an error. I'd have prefered to ship out Dunne and Collins and get someone like Scott Dann to partner Carlos.

Delph, Fonz, Ireland, Albrighton, Gaby have a lot of work to do to even look like they're close to form.

The rest just need the players around them to improve to help them out.

If the midfield doesn't get sorted, there's not much chance of doing much better than last season.

As it stands at the moment, this is how I'd have the team to start the season:

Young------Cuellar----Collins------Warnock

Albrighton----Petrov---Makoun----N'zogbia

---------------Bent------Heskey-------------

Can I just take this opportunity to say how replica shirt-wearing plastic Chelsea fans make me physically sick.

A whole stadium full of fuckheads who decide they're diehard Chelsea fans as soon as the team (bought with money effectively stolen from the Russian people) win a league title. Who won the league? Chelsea. Oh, good, I'm a Chelsea fan, you know. :puke:

Can I just take this opportunity to say how replica shirt-wearing plastic Chelsea fans make me physically sick.

A whole stadium full of fuckheads who decide they're diehard Chelsea fans as soon as the team (bought with money effectively stolen from the Russian people) win a league title. Who won the league? Chelsea. Oh, good, I'm a Chelsea fan, you know. :puke:

it has always been the way for foreigners ( no pun intended)

asians loved liverpool then they loved man utd before liking arsenal then chelsea, they have no history of supporting a club so they srtat with the most successful one of the time.

while it is **** annoying, maybe if we had played decent football then we may have got ourselves more fans out there?

playing hooofball is hardly going to increase our supporters base abroad when other teams play attractive football.

i forgot to mention shay given in my ratings, he was clearly the best player on our team today

Uhh didn't we concede 3 with Young and Downing in January? - Didn't we concede 7 with Young, Downing and Milner? - Didn't we concede another 3 with Young, Downing and Milner.

An improvement.

didnt we score 3 in january and not lose? didnt we hold a 0-0 against them also last season?

getting worse

Given - superb, could have been 5 or 6 without him

Young - Solid if unspectacular. Not much going forward

Warnock - Good display again seems to be looking better and back to his old self. Still the odd dodgy tackle

Dunne - Okay, bad positioning still at times when he lapses in concentration. and tires badly. poor distribution

Collins - Liabilty, gets sucked towards the ball and dragged out of position too easily. Dives in for balls he ist going to get. poor distribution. Non started for me

Petrov - looked way off the pace sideways passing I dont think he can do 90 mins and I dont want him to.

Delph - terrible. poor passing, caught in possesion and gave ball away. to often out of position too much ball chasing to no effect. I have a bad feeling he will not make the grade from what I have seen of him so far. Potential flop

Ireland - would not have noticed him playing had it not been for his bald head. totally anonymous unfortunatly. should be doing better

Allbrighton - terrible, did nothing at all. not sure he should start too many games as goes missing when up against a strong quality full back

Agbonlahor - shadow of his former self. no threat at all. his strength is running the channels which was not evident today. does not fit into the current set up IMO

Heskey - looked lively and offered physical presence

Bent - made clever runs looked like he was causing trouble with his movement

Makoun - neat and tidy think he should be ahead of Petrov

Bannan - looked okay. used the ball well but still looks too small to me

Gardner - liked the look of him. used the ball alot quicker than others and more importantly looked to try and get the ball forward. taller than i thought he was!

Clark - didnt really have time to make much impact. didnt do anything wrong. Would have him over Collins if given he choice.

The sweat dripping off them shirts says it all for me, couldn't of given anymore

Bannan, Gardner, Makoun, Albrighton definate first teamers for me.

Why Heskey gets shit, he was solid for the half he was on, Agbonlahor has lost whatever he had, bulked up too much and needs to go out on loan.

There was 90% humidity, scratch your nose and your bathed in sweat!! :shock:

Delph - terrible. poor passing, caught in possesion and gave ball away. to often out of position too much ball chasing to no effect. I have a bad feeling he will not make the grade from what I have seen of him so far. Potential flop

I think that before Makoun came on, he was the only one who knew what to do with the ball. Problem is, whoever plays next to Petrov has to do the work of 1.5 men. On a couple of occasions he ran from one side of Petrov to the other to pressure two Chelsea players, while Petrov just bent his knees and "jockeyed" between the two.

Petrov needs to go and we need a James McCarthy or the like in there to give us some energy. Will then allow Delph and Makoun (as well as potentially Gardner) to play.

Petrov was horrendous. Crying out for a big **** who'll just break up the play in the middle of the park, way too lightweight. We'll just get walked over by the more physical sides in the Prem.

I sure hope N'Zogbia turns out to be better than I expect. Other than Bent we had no attacking player for Chelsea to worry about. Of course, Villa hardly had the ball in an attacking position to give them reason to worry.

This was something like the 5th preseason match for Chelsea and they're still pretty much the same side a last year. The extra fitness and familiarity with each other showed. They kept the pressure on and our guys couldn't get an attack started at all. Young and Downing might have had some difficulties, too, though I think they would have done much better.

In fairness to Delph, his teamates kept giving him the ball with a Chealsea player already on top of him and no outlet. Hard to look good in those circumstances.

Delfouneso showed skill in heading, bringing high balls down and dribbling but doesn't seem to know what to do when he has it on the wing. Crossing was woeful. Keep him off the wing, please.

Getting Heskey on for Albrighton was like having an extra player.

I missed a bit toward the end admittedly, but didn't see Makoun have much of a chance to show anything. Surprised others saw enough to have a real opinion but glad to see he impressed. Gardner look energetic, but saw him make a couple of out of control passes. Again, surprised others saw enough good to form an opinion.

I think that before Makoun came on, he was the only one who knew what to do with the ball. Problem is, whoever plays next to Petrov has to do the work of 1.5 men. On a couple of occasions he ran from one side of Petrov to the other to pressure two Chelsea players, while Petrov just bent his knees and "jockeyed" between the two.

Petrov needs to go and we need a James McCarthy or the like in there to give us some energy. Will then allow Delph and Makoun (as well as potentially Gardner) to play.

I agree with what you said about Petrov but I thought delph was terrible also.

Makoun, Gardner and 1 other other for me in the middle and I know I dont want it to be Petrov.

I still keep waiting for Ireland to do something :(

Â