Goal of the season contender thread, 2011/12

The_Rev

The Cisse / Crouch debate is quite an interesting one; if Rooney's 'best Premier League goal ever' came into the contest, I don't think it'd get many of the votes. They really were 2 fantastic goals. I think I'd give it to Crouch on the basis that he knew what he was doing, I think there was an element of 'swing for it and see how it goes' about Cisse's.

• 2 weeks later...
Villa boss Martin O’Neill today dismissed any interest in Colombian striker Radamel Falcao.

The 21-year-old forward from River Plate – the Argentinian club Villa signed Juan Pablo Angel from seven years ago – has been linked with a £5m switch to the West Midlands.

But O’Neill said: “It’s news to me. I think we’d be looking a little closer to home.”

And thank goodness we did.

Check out this absolute ripsnorter from Michael Bradley.

Great strike.

He's been bossing the midfield tonight, as he's been doing all year with the USA and Chievo. It's too bad he didn't measure up to the discriminating tastes of Gerard Houllier, Alex McLeish, and sirgarycahill.

He was absolutely shite for us. Looked like a fan who won a competition to play for Villa, couldn't trap it or even lay it off 5 yards. Really weird.

In the 20 minutes or so that he actually got to play for us.

Nah he played a few games didn't he? I'm sure he started one I watched on tele. He was abysmal, literally I don't think he did anything positive, just miscontrolled it and misplaced passes. Very strange considering he looks a player for US.

Nah he played a few games didn't he? I'm sure he started one I watched on tele. He was abysmal, literally I don't think he did anything positive, just miscontrolled it and misplaced passes. Very strange considering he looks a player for US.

He started one game against Man City alongside Delph and someone else. Everyone was awful that game. Bradley didn't get much of a chance with us at all. Can't give him 5-10 minutes at the end of a game and expect him to make an impact.

He started one game against Man City alongside Delph and someone else. Everyone was awful that game. Bradley didn't get much of a chance with us at all. Can't give him 5-10 minutes at the end of a game and expect him to make an impact.

Let alone 5-10 minutes down a man and down a goal, if I remember correctly. He looked like a chicken with its head cut off—just like the rest of the team. And the young squad Houllier put out against Man City might as well have been offered up for sacrifice—not to mention many of the VillaTalk regulars were baying for Bradley's blood before he set foot on the pitch in a Villa shirt, as is. The Bradley loan was mismanaged at every level at every step of the way. But unfortunately, that's all behind us now: Bradley has moved on to bigger and better things and we have an anemic midfield that begs more questions than it offers answers.

Nah he played a few games didn't he? I'm sure he started one I watched on tele. He was abysmal, literally I don't think he did anything positive, just miscontrolled it and misplaced passes.

that was a Villa reserve team when GH conceded the game before kick off and rested our team for a home defeat to Wolves

Nick Powell for Crewe against Cheltenham 27 May 2012

Looks like he might be the latest wonderkid from the Crewe production line. Only 18 years of age, sixteen goals from midfield, won player of the year, young player of the year, fans player of the year, fans young player of the year and goal of the season (for a 30 yard chip against Gillingham) at the Crewe end of season awards last week. It wont be long before he is sitting on the bench at a Premier League club near you!

I think sirgarycahill is currently negotiating a bidding war between Real Madrid and Manchester City for the lad.

I was more furious at Cheltenhams lackadaisical defending and lack of closing down. Yet again. Very good strike though.

Â