Goal of the season contender thread, 2011/12

The_Rev

People still struggling to comprehend "of the season". :)

hey, the guy above said Milosevic! In this state of dreariness for Villadom i thought a pickmeup would be enjoyable. :)

( Also, isn't any goal, if witnessed for the first time within the timeframe specified, though not necessarily performed then, still eligible? )

No?

Oh ok worth a shot.

Or if a keeper turned around and conceded the goal so you could post "Never understood why keepers turn around, scramble backwards and look at the ball"! instead. :P

They could benefit from wide receiver training :nod: Where you are effectively 'legging it' away from the ball and must turn to catch it. I suppose it helps that an NFL spiral will go in one direction whereas the modern PL football bought from the local petrol station could go in one of four directions at the point you turn your back on it.

I'm surprised Randy hasn't sent our goalkeepers to Cleveland to train as receivers yet, come to think of it :) and my suggestion is only half tongue in cheek.

Brilliant goal but i wouldnt say goal of the season, Crouch's goal is a one off, you wont see a finish like that anytime soon. Cisses goal was fantastic but you will see them again.

Saying that i am going to contradict myself completely and say RVPs goal Vs Everton is my personal favourite for GOTS.

that Cisse 2nd goal was a bit of a wild thrash tbh

hence the ridiculous slice on the ball

The fact the camera is panning from left to right makes the shot look like it curved more than it actually did. There is a wider angle from a fixed camera which shows the difference.

I still think Crouch scored the goal of the season though.

Â