Goal of the season contender thread, 2011/12

The_Rev

Wondergoal or clanger by the goalie? I'll go with the former.

Reminds me of a Julian Joachim goal for Villa from a ridiculous angle from a while ago.

&

from Ned Zelic for Aus U21 against Holland back in the day (and before you say "shit goalie", it is Van Der Saar no less 8) )

best team goal so far.

Yes, I guess it's 'expected' and it isn't a marvelous 30 yard strike but it's just a brilliant goal, the movement off the ball, passing and ability shown makes it a great goal.

Yeah, its great stuff. You need very good players for the Barca system to work, but it is very difficult to defend against. Watch the video again but instead of watching the ball just watch the movement of the Barcelona forwards on the edge of the 18 yard box. They constantly sprint towards the defensive line then walk back out, which seems to be designed as a method of dragging one or more of the back four out of position. The rest of the Barcelona players are perfectly capable of holding on to the ball until somebody does get dragged out of position and then a perfectly weighted pass gets played into a striker like Leo Messi. Tactically it is brilliant.

Â