Match Thread

wedge

(presuming Ireland won't make it)

----------------Bent-------------------

----------Gabby---------------Heskey

Delph-----Makoun---Petrov----------

Warnock---Dunne---Collins---Young

----------------Given------------------

Can be changed into 4-4-3 with Gabby flanking it and Delph central but start Delph wide left but mainly coming inside, let Warnock overlap on the left. Heskey on the right because he works with A.Cole going forward and arielly, gives us an outlet over Ash Cole ....other players pick themselves.

I think that's a decent line up, warnock to heskey vs cole on the diagonal works the threat of gabby's pace pinning him in doesn't really, if drogba drops deep we haven't got much height in the middle unless Collins/dunne follows him, that's where they'll get us so with that in mind I wouldn't mind Clark getting some time as a dmc...

Id personally play:

_______________Given_________________

_Young___Collins______Dunne__Warnock__

______________Makoun_________________

_______Petrov___________Delph_________

__Gabby______________________Ireland__

________________Bent__________________

I'd prefer

----------------Bent-------------------

Albrighton--------Ireland--------Gabby

-----------Makoun---Petrov----------

Warnock---Dunne---Collins---Young

----------------Given------------------

Althoughhhh, I am tempted to put Heskey in there on the wing to help Warnock out a little.....

........................Given.............................

Young......Collins..........Dunne.......Warnock

...............Petrov..........Delph..................

Albrighton.........Ireland.............Delfouneso

.........................Bent............................

-------Gabby------Bent-------

------------Ireland-----------

------Makoun------Delph------

-------------Petrov-------------

Warnock-Dunne-Collins-Young-

-------------Given---------------

Maybe we should experiment with formations like this ie: sans width.

Aren't these games friendlies? Give match fitness to the squad? Why isn't clark played with dunne.. or lichaj in for young.. delph for petrov.. fonz for heskey. Id like to see a few play with the first team.. it is a friendly.. may as well test them against quality..

Very interested to watch the perceived difference in quality between the two teams. Will give us a better indication of what to expect this season since we apparently aren't signing any more players.

KSV - While it's a "friendly" it's also pre-season with a new manager. He needs to take a look at what some of the predictable core can manage. Giving Baker and Lichaj time and letting Dunne and Collins get on the same page in regular season is foolish.

I think they'll have chances to slot in during the season when the odd strain attacks.

Having said that.... I would like to see how this would work

Gabby Bent Albrighton (Bent slightly ahead)

Ireland Makoun

Clark

Warnock Dunne Collins Young

Given

My guess is it would not be pretty good.... it would be either fantastic or disastrous.

Aren't these games friendlies? Give match fitness to the squad? Why isn't clark played with dunne.. or lichaj in for young.. delph for petrov.. fonz for heskey. Id like to see a few play with the first team.. it is a friendly.. may as well test them against quality..

Because, well, they all need match fitness. You could say especially those that are likely to start on opening day.