Oslo bombing and Utøya massacre

Tegis

Yeah it does seem that way, sadly. My point on secularisation was more in hope than expectation.

My expectation is that in 30 years or less the lands of Arabia and the Levant (minus Israel) will be a 100% infidel free zone.

Although I'm sure Egypt at least will become secuular, as they have a well educated middle class and there will be a few more revolutions yet before it settles down.

Egypt is going to either remain under military rule or fall to the Muslim Brotherhood. The Coptic Christians are currently - as predicted on another thread at the time - being religiously cleansed (murdered) and their churches burned to the ground. Radical Islam is winning in Egypt by a mile and it doesn't look like changing because the 'middle class' are easily intimidated by the murderous islamists.

In context of the thread, the paranoia within right-wing circles on mainland Europe about Islamification are unfounded and I hope the media coverage of this trial doesn't become a debate on Islam in Europe

If it isn't a problem then there is nothing to fear and everything to gain from having the debate. If your view is shown to be correct it will suck the life from groups like the EDL - and you see very sure you are right so it should be fine.

Bit apocalyptic that, Jon.

• 4 months later...

Verdict of the court is:

A Norwegian court has found that mass killer Anders Behring Breivik is sane and sentenced him to 21 years in jail.

BBC

Killing 77 and wounding 240 :-(

21 years? That is ridiculous. Why such a short sentence?

Surely he's a lifer if ever there was one.

He will never be out. The 21 years is the maximum sentence allowed in Norway. But dangerous people get something called "forvaring" meaning that he will serve the 21 years, then they will see if he is still a danger to society. If he is, he will get another 10 year, and at the end of that they will take it into consideration again. Then he will get 10 more and so on forever.

There are around 50 prisoners in Norwegian prison who will never get out again after given the "forvaring" sentence.

So the system works in a way regarding protecting the people against the most dangerous criminals.

I agree with the court, I think he is sane, just a murderous extremist. He knew his actions would have a consequence and that's why he did them, to publicise his anti-islamic doctrine.

But the guy is a mass murderer, he doesn't deserve to see the light of day and for the safety of the public he needs to be locked away for the rest of his life. His punishment doesn't seem to fit his crime.

they were saying the morning, that part of the reason they were apparently ( I didn't see it ) being more explicit with graphic testimony and accounts this morning was because they are aware that this report iwould be the first thing a judge would read in 21 years time when breivik would request release.

You could just imagine in 21 years time, an overworked judge having an 'off' day sanctions the release of Brevik in an administrative error that they can't go back on.

I'm pretty confident that wont happen. He will be like Ian Brady or Peter Sutcliffe are here. The media will run some kind of story about him every couple of years just to keep him as a public enemy.

You could just imagine in 21 years time, an overworked judge having an 'off' day sanctions the release of Brevik in an administrative error that they can't go back on.

I'm pretty confident that wont happen. He will be like Ian Brady or Peter Sutcliffe are here. The media will run some kind of story about him every couple of years just to keep him as a public enemy.

Yeah, that was meant to be sarcastic, which isn't very clear or clever for that matter.

His crimes are unforgettable.

Â