Ratings & Reactions Walsall Friendly Away

JulieB

Ratings & Reactions

There you go Limpid just for you... I think you always start with....

Please keep this civil even if you think you're right... or words to that effect...

How did Makoun and Given do for those that went?

Thought Ireland, Makoun & Petrov linked up really well in midfield.

Makoun looked far sharper than last season.

Heskey on the LW did good.

nice one.. also apparently at one point Warnock got injured and Heskey covered LB position?

I think that is another reason why we need another LB.. we only have one senior LB at the club which is silly really.. if he gets injured we are playing clark or someone there and it suddenly becomes a weak link.

Luke Young can play LB though.

Warnock was outstanding... and it was funny cos him & Heskey linked up really well out on the left wing first half.

Daniel Johnson looks pretty decent down the left wing too with his dreadlocks. Fearless

Did Gardner play...?

No I was looking forward to watching him play as well.

AVFCOfficial have tweeted tonight that Gabby picked up a slight ankle knock in training so couldn't play. Perhaps Gardner was injured as well.

Heskey, Warnock, Makoun and Ireland (in his brief time on the pitch) were impressive.

Dunne and Collins made at least one blunder each. Given was rooted on his line when he should have come once or twice as well.

Heskey was **** immense on the wing, holy shit.

Fonz should have had a hat trick, missed after taking it round the keeper (granted it wasn't easy), lost the ball to the keeper in a one on one, and put a very good chance over from a header. Bit disappointed, but at least he was involved alot.

Johnson looked a bit shaky to start with on the wing - he usually plays in CM doesnt he? His shot that the keeper saved on to the crossbar was a cracker though. In fact their keeper had a very decent 2nd half.

Bannan looked lively, linked nicely with Marc. Warnock and Young did well going forward from FB.

Who was the lad who came on in the 2nd half no.28? I'm sure the announcer said 'Graham Butt' but then again he also said 'Nathan Del-fono-nonso'. I didn't recognise him, not the name. Was it Graham Burke? I'm guessing it was as his name is closest to anyone I know from the youth

Bannan really is a fantastic passer of the ball, he was running the midfield with ease in the second half. ireland looked good in the first half. thought there keeper had a stormer aswell.

oh and..........

F**K DOWNING AND YOUNG, F**K DOWNING AND YOOOOOUUUNNNG, WEVE GOT EMILE HESKEY......F**K DOWNING AND YOUNG!!!!!!

Given: Nowt much to do, but did it right when he did it.

Young: Very lively, constant thorn in the left flank.

Warnock: Suspect at the back, better linking with Heskey going forward.

Dunne: Tidy. Solid overall, not bad.

Collins: Erratic, but not poor. Nearly gave away his customary pen not long in.

Makoun: Playing neat, quick, passes, as is his trademark. Also managed to get in a beautiful two-footed lunge he wasn't punished for. :D Will be good this season I reckon.

Ireland: Slick, looked on the ball, unlucky to be subbed to injury?

Petrov: My (goals removed) MOTM, did everything right.

Albrighton: Bit under-par, but was still a good performance, just maybe shows we're expecting too much.

Heskey: I don't care what people think of him, he was immense yesterday. Sure I'd prefer to sign Zog and play him there, but Big Emile put in a shift yesterday, samba football with backheels, spinning on the turn and giving the right back a good rogering. Impressive and deserved his goal.

Bent: Please no-one insult his intelligence and call him a striker who hangs uselessly around poaching goals, he snaffled two goals as per, but also was involved in build-up play. Looks very, very sharp. 20 this season, I'm sure of it. He will play his best football at Villa. Can't wait to hopefully see him link up with N'Zogbia should we sign him!

Subs:

Delfouneso was the only one who I thought had a shocker/bad game. Bannan, Burke, Clark, Hogg all had good games.

Any sign of Delph at the game? Is he injured too?

He's not quite fit enough to join in pre-season. Should be back soon.

I forgot to do a poll for this thread.

Can't beleive no one else has mentioned the crazy Walsall fan up the corner their end. It was hilarious watching him and listening to the chants.

I honestly did not hear them once, except a half-hearted cheer after their goal. There must have been 1500 there? **** em off next season maybe, i think Solihull Moors would bring more to a game, pathetic numbers by them, outsung and outnumbered vastly by our support.

Â