Photography?

trimandson

It was the symmetry that made me leave them in tbh, but having played around with it for a long time yesterday, I tried the mono - prefered the colour, like the slightly muted shades and the lighting was nice and even. If I'd been standing two inches to the left and zoomed in a little more, none of this would have been up for debate but then again, if I'd done that the kid would have been flat on his face too. Its an almost shot, nearly there but not quite

(I don't mind anyone playing around with my photo's btw, other people do it all the time on another website I use - its a good learning tool)

Oh and some Black & Whites will be coming up next :)

putneysunsetyw01jb7.th.jpg

Bit ott with the sky perhaps. But sharpened the pic, and took the water a bit cooler. Graduated tint for the sky.

I took the sky to a similar nuclear orange myself and dint like it as much, looked a bit unnatural, you might be right about cooling down the river though. And as it happens I don't sharpen my photos for showing on here purely because they are RAW presharpened before any editing and the best way to sharpen an image is to suit the output medium, so from photoshop >save for web > photoshop > Sharpen >save is just a pain in the arse - it also significantly increases file size. Much easier to leave the file unsharpened as a PS file and sharpen according to the print medium / printer when needed - otherwise the files & filenames just become messy messy messy. So yes it probably does need sharpening but I can never be bothered just to display them on a forum :mrgreen

Bickster,

I didn't buy the Mamiya (its an RB67), it was handed down by my Dad who used it at work. They gave it to him as a sort of retirement present. I say "sort of" as they were going to throw it away as they'd bought a digital camera.

Criminal or what?

Nice pics btw.

Absolutely criminal but fortunate for you none the less. I'd love to have a go at medium format one day, might see what the rental costs are like and take one out for a spin

Gotcha mate.

Like the 2nd batch...like leaving the crossing man as red on the b&w. Thats a statement.

A technique I usually shy away from tbh, I usually think its a bit gimmicky. Saw one for sale in a London Gallery t'other day, which was a very good shot of a bridge over the Thames riuned by the fact that the photographer had resaturated the red London Bus. It left me thinking that the point of the shot was a red bus, which if it had been left as a monotone the photo would just have been a great B&W cityscape.

But in this instance I thought the selective colour helped give the image its focus. It would have been better if the bloke hadn't spotted me taking a photo, assumed he was in the way and politely moved to the side :bang: - a few seconds before he was right in the middle of the frame

Its just the dogs bollocks isnt it Wurzel :) Thats why Adobe have just paid millions for it

images may still need a bit of freehand transformation from time to time but nowhere near as much as most programs

what Camera phone is that btw Kitey, quality is superb for a phone cam

Its just the dogs bollocks isnt it Wurzel :) Thats why Adobe have just paid millions for it

images may still need a bit of freehand transformation from time to time but nowhere near as much as most programs

what Camera phone is that btw Kitey, quality is superb for a phone cam

Here's a panorama picture from the Engadine. I'm in it btw. :D

My mobile is a Sony Ericsson K750i.

Â