Photography?

trimandson

Went for a kick-about earlier and took camera with me, just in case, the first time in a year or so. Tbh not alot to work with but I quite like these two shots even if they're nowt special. Decent photographs rather than decent photography perhaps.

The first would work far better is the tree-line was a more aggressive slope and something (anything) was happening with the sky. the second I like just because it was created from nothing and reminds me so much of a Championship Manager background shot :D

pict13262wf.th.jpg

pict13304ps.th.jpg

Love the footy one, very good. I have taken loads like the first one, there is something there, but I haven't been able to get it out, IMO you have got that interesting tree near the middle, the squiggly one, and the different shades of green, but I would have trouble in knowing how to capture them. Maybe a zoom on that area and a bit of photo editing would do the job! :winkold:

Love the footy one, very good. I have taken loads like the first one, there is something there, but I haven't been able to get it out, IMO you have got that interesting tree near the middle, the squiggly one, and the different shades of green, but I would have trouble in knowing how to capture them. Maybe a zoom on that area and a bit of photo editing would do the job! :winkold:

I was at max zoom without dipping into digital unfortunately.

In my mind i wanted a steeper slope so i could move the dead tree a fraction further to the bottom left and with some kind of sunset sky i think it would have kept the sky half of the picture interesting and in contrast to the rest.

Meh, frustrating but perhaps on a diffreent day i might just catch it right.

With regards to the footy one...it was a pleasant surprise. Yet I took 4 virtually identical photos and 3 were utter garbage, even after editing. What exactly worked in that one is difficult to tell.

My foot and the planks that are the floor of the pier reflected in a mirrored "piece of art - Statue thingy" at the end of the pier. All I've done to it is crop the picture and alter the colours

Can someone point me in direction of some good enthusiasts sites?

I almost bought a 350d today, but the closest shop to me had sold 4 that day and were now out of stock, and the alternative was jesspos, and I'd rather buy from someone who might have more of an idea about cameras than I do.

Is the 350d still a very good and safe buy?

The price of body only to that with the cheapo bundled lens is about £30, so theres not much point not having it. It's still a better lens than my slr 35-80 fitted to my eos 1000.

But what does appeal is, in the basis of spending big bucks (for me), to get a telephoto/zoom of some description, and jesspos have a couple of deals, including half price on a tamron 70-300 at £100. But most of the cheap zooms get pretty poor reviews from what little I can find on the net. The canon cheapo 75-300 also gets pretty poor reviews. I think I need more research rather than rushing out with the credit card this weekend.....

I've got the tamron 70-300 lens myself (nikon mont obviously but the same lens), its a decent lens for when you want to take just one lens with you on a snapping day but it suffers from barrell distortion at the low end, the auto focus does hunt a little and its not taht sharp at the 300 end

Its not a bad knockabout just wandering around a city centre wiothout being bogged down by loads of equipment type of lens, but if you want to get a serious days photography in you'll find it extremely frustrating (the auto focus hunting especially)

oh and Jessops Suck donkey shit, I actually went in the southport branch t'other day looking for a new battery charger, they could order me one (I expected that - hardly standard stock afterall) but I got this curious rsponse

"hmmm minus 39, that means we have 39 on order but it appears head ofice have only ordered 20 to cover that demand so you mifght wait a while"

"Its alright mate I'll order it off the net and get it in two days"

Lets face it, as someone only looking to get back into the hobby after 20years away, and who wasn't much good in the first place, it might do as a cheap lens that gives some flexibility. cheers.

Wasn't saying it was a bad lens as such Juju, I just know though that now it frustrates the hell out of me sometimes. In fact all those shots I've posted in this thread were taken with it

Can someone point me in direction of some good enthusiasts sites?

Oh and I forgot to say when you do get the camera come and join me on The Digital Photography Forum

That goes for anyone else who wants to talk to a few photographer friends of mine. We started the website as a result of an online course we all did together and have stayed together for a few years picking up a few other people along the way, anyones welcome if you have an interest in Digital photography or any photography really,. It could do with some fresh blood

Â