Photography?

trimandson

I've taken to making photospheres on my phone.  It's not a great camera, it's not even a great camera by phone standards but it is an awesome effect even if you can only see it on a web browser.    I've submitted a few to Google Maps which they have decided to feature.   Here if you are interested. 

• Like 3

I've taken to making photospheres on my phone.  It's not a great camera, it's not even a great camera by phone standards but it is an awesome effect even if you can only see it on a web browser.    I've submitted a few to Google Maps which they have decided to feature.   Here if you are interested.

Possibly the most rubbish castle as a tourist attraction in the country though, looks great from the outside, bloody shite on the inside (apart from the very small aviation museum)

Nice spinny pic though

Getting myself a Think Tank retrospective 7 tomorrow, I think. Will try it out first, see how it feels. Product page-link. Any one tried it? I have a larger Lowpro shoulder bag, which is great for travel, but too heavy to carry all day. I need a smaller one for weddings and everyday use.

I'm heading to Copenhagen tonight for a wedding. It's supposed to be great weather and around 20 degrees for most of my trip. Gonna stay a week and get to know the city a bit. When I'm back I go straight to Jotunheimen in Norway for a movie festival high up in the mountains with lots of day activities, and I will be part of the film and photography team. Then it's back to prepare for a long weekend trip to Island, followed by a week long break in Oslo. Oh and I get payed for all of this :) :) 

If it goes on like this I think I've chosen the right profession.    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting myself a Think Tank retrospective 7 tomorrow, I think. Will try it out first, see how it feels. Product page-link. Any one tried it? I have a larger Lowpro shoulder bag, which is great for travel, but too heavy to carry all day. I need a smaller one for weddings and everyday use.

I'm heading to Copenhagen tonight for a wedding. It's supposed to be great weather and around 20 degrees for most of my trip. Gonna stay a week and get to know the city a bit. When I'm back I go straight to Jotunheimen in Norway for a movie festival high up in the mountains with lots of day activities, and I will be part of the film and photography team. Then it's back to prepare for a long weekend trip to Island, followed by a week long break in Oslo. Oh and I get payed for all of this :) :)

If it goes on like this I think I've chosen the right profession.    

I have the Thinktank 10 and its the best camera bag I've owned. I love it, deceptively spacious.

What are the chances of becoming a photographer full time and earn a good living out of it? ?

My pal has given up his Day job to do photography full time. Like model portfolio and fashion pics. I have no idea how he is doing financially out of it but seems so many people doing the same thing it would be hard to earn a decent living from it...maybe he does who knows

Another walk (this time 11 miles; 1600 or so calories were burnt) and some more photos:

IMG_20131005_150358.jpg

IMG_20131005_145950.jpg

IMG_20131005_160946.jpg

IMG_20131005_160951.jpg

IMG_20131005_135901.jpg

If I had a phone that wasn't based on a Tegra 2 (which doesn't implement the extensions to the ARM instruction set that later chipsets do), I think some of these would have made nifty photospheres.

(There's a reason fall is my favorite season)

• Like 1

The top two were taken less than 5 minutes apart (the second one before the first, the way that G+ ordered them), but you wouldn't know it from the light difference. Rain clouds were starting to move in (thankfully my walk was finished by the time the rain started!). G+'s Auto Awesome seems to have amplified that (I suspect that's the source of the bluish quality to the 3rd and 4th)

Yes, the one with the water andthe one with the plough is it, or old gun? seem to have more warmth, perhaps due to the combination of less sky and for the one with the water, just the combination of water and trees.

Â