Brad Guzan

R.Bear

He was bollocks. He made saves but never once looked convincing in doing so. His kicking was poor and he landed Amavi in the shit for the second goal.

Although I'd still principally blame Amavi for the goal, Guzan more than played his part in it. An experienced keeper like him should know better. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I said a couple weeks ago he would cost us goals with his distribution. I guess he didnt prove me wrong. Its the 87th minute away from home and it looks like we might grab a point after being put under a lot of pressure in the 2nd half. Why would you decide to roll the ball out and put your defender under such pressure. Yes amavi could have maybe dealt with it first time or something but guzans decision making is just awful. 

• Like 2

Made a couple of great stops, but still kicks the ball like he's wearing Crocs.

Watching him he seems to have no idea where to put the ball until it's almost onto him.  Consequently he panics and looks to get rid quickly and often makes the wrong choice.  Another prime example was against Swansea last season when he belted it at Ron Vlaar and Shelvey put it back past him from 150 yards.

His shot-stopping and cross-claiming is good, but his distribution is a real problem and opposition managers worth their salt will notice that and put pressure on him. It's by far the weakest part of his game. Playing short balls out from the back seems to be a tactical decision to prevent the number of long kicks that were going straight into play, but he's giving his defenders unnecessary problems.

I rewatched the 2nd goal and when Amavi receives the ball, Dann was at least 10 yards away from him. Amavi then looks up and decides to take Dann on instead of passing it to Grealish or Westwood. I really don't understand how this is Guzan's fault. Amavi was wide open. Guzan did not yell for Amavi to try to dribble. 

Guzan also made a lot of grabs and saves today. 

• Like 2

He was bollocks. He made saves but never once looked convincing in doing so. His kicking was poor and he landed Amavi in the shit for the second goal.

Although I'd still principally blame Amavi for the goal, Guzan more than played his part in it. An experienced keeper like him should know better. 

the Sako shot went straight at him and he fumbled it

he makes the regulations saves, but for a while i've thought there are goals hes let in where another keeper might have done better. The sako shot was good, but from watching (on an admittedly dodgy stream) i can't help but think another keeper might have pulled of something special to win us a point. Add in his horrendous distribution which puts us on the back foot far too often, and you can see why theres lots of rumours sherwood is looking to replace him.

the Sako shot went straight at him and he fumbled it

...well yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about, he saved it but didn't look convincing at all. 

Had his best day's 2 years ago and has been dining out on them ever since. Good shot stopper but not much else imo and absolutely ridiculous to rush the play when he did. Contributed massively to us dropping a point today once again through decision making and distribution. Idiot!

• Like 1

Â