Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I guess it´ll be stupid of him to sign a new contract at Villa. As a bosman, and quite clearly a good one, he will be able to pick up better wages and a 1st team spot at many other clubs. Could see him as a target for a few PL-clubs and clubs abroad.

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish is ready to make a surprise raid on Blackpool for Scotland keeper Matty Gilks.

McLeish sent goalkeeping coach Terry Gennoe to watch Gilks in action at the weekend, as he prepares to lose current back-up Brad Guzan in the summer.

Gilks was on Villa’s hit-list at the start of the season and is now back on the radar – with USA international Guzan’s deal running out and McLeish needing ­competition for first-choice Shay Given.

Mirror again

• 2 weeks later...
According to MLSsocer, Guzan has interest from Hull City, Ipswich Town, Sunderland and West Bromwich Albion. I could see him go to West Brom easily.

Going from second choice here to second choice at West Brom? Can't see it myself.

Foster only on loan there so maybe Woy isnt convinced by him and wouldnt be only person.

Sunderland might be a lazy link but not so unrealistic, Mignolet has never been convincing, Gordon always injured and word removed doesnt seem to rate Westowood

another idiotic decision by the club letting a good keeper go for free. we should have offered him an extention last summer:rant:

cant blame club if he leaves, 2nd choice keeper and way behind Big Brad and Given in terms of talent. maybe he wants 1st team football

Can't blame the club.

I'm sure we'd keep him if he wanted to stay. He probably wants 1st team football, and with Shay Given here for the next few years he isn't going to get it here.

And rightly so. I like Guzan a lot, but he's not better than Given

Generally done very well for us whenever he has played and now probably too good now to be happy as Given's understudy. He will leave in the summer and will get a first team spot elsewhere.

another idiotic decision by the club letting a good keeper go for free. we should have offered him an extention last summer:rant:

Yes, because its the clubs decision whether he stays or not obviously

:shock:

word removed doesnt seem to rate Westwood

He doesnt? Good keeper. Stood out a while while playing for Cov in the championship, we missed an oppurtunity when he weny up there on a free

This make the link with us and Kasper Schmeichel more believable.

There's a link with us and Kasper? Awesome.

Is it awesome? Lets not be fooled by the name, he is not on the same level as his old man. A bit like Johan and Jordi. Schmeichel senior was terrible at villa in 01/02 though.

word removed doesnt seem to rate Westwood

He doesnt? Good keeper. Stood out a while while playing for Cov in the championship, we missed an oppurtunity when he weny up there on a free

Agreed. I go down Cov a fair bit (my best ,ate's a season ticket holder. I know I know I really shouldn't!)

Anyway, seen Westwood play quite a few times and he's very very good. I wish we'd snapped him up in the summer.

This make the link with us and Kasper Schmeichel more believable.

There's a link with us and Kasper? Awesome.

It's not really that awesome and why would he want to be a no2 here when he's first choice at Leicester?

Â