Brad Guzan

R.Bear

The save from Samba was very good, but it also would have been questionable if he didn't save it IMO. He has a lot of time to take it as it comes down and not directly at him from point-blank, although he did save it and it looks great on TV. The save from Zabaleta was much better as he has less time and has to do a more instinctive call, 8 out of 10 goalkeepers would never touch that ball, except for him and de Gea, who is the only better shotstopper I can think of in this league.

:lol:

you've not got any experience with being a keeper I'm guessing?

I'd guess the same.

Reminds me of the time on here when somene said they saw saves like Banks vs Brazil every week playing Sunday league.

Started for USA last night.

Final score 1-0 to USA. Guzan with a clean sheet. He sounded pretty solid, however Costa Rica did have the ball in the back of the net but it was correctly disallowed for offside. 

Yeah he didn't have a whole lot to do last night because if you saw there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground. But when called into action a couple of times he did his job well. There was a point even where Costa Rica had the ball at least a foot over the byline and it wasn't whistled out of play yet, they crossed it in and Guzan couldn't reach it when he jumped at his near post, dropped to a Costa Rica player who got a shot off and Guzan got across goal to make a brilliant save. 

Edited by LockStockVilla

Saw a few highlights.. can't belive they didn't postponed it. 

They stopped it to shovel the pitch at about 65 minutes.  It was a disgrace.  If we (USMNT) had been down 1-0, I am sure the game would have been called off.

Rumored that Costa Rica want a reply. Can't say I blame them. It was bad but ok for about 60 mins - after that a complete farce. 

Brad was solid throughout. Flapped at 1 corner but other than that was perfect.

Rumored that Costa Rica want a reply. Can't say I blame them. It was bad but ok for about 60 mins - after that a complete farce. 

Brad was solid throughout. Flapped at 1 corner but other than that was perfect.

I heard that both managers were offered the chance to call the game off midway through and both declined, surely this means there won't be a replay?

I know most of you missed the USA Mexico match due to the time difference..  but I just wanted you guys to know that Brad was stellar for the U.S. against Mexico in Mexico City. He really did look like the Brad that plays for Villa... saving the team save after save from a loss. Considering Mexico was 68-1-6 all-time at Estadio Azteca in World Cup qualifying.. Brad was maybe the biggest reason the U.S. came out of Mexico with 0-0 result. He was very composed in place for the injured Tim Howard. He wasn't rattled at all despite 100,000 fans in the attendance. He was superb with his feet and made some superb point black saves and was commanding coming out of goal on crosses (even knocking the wind out of a Mexican player who laid on the ground for several mintues) Mind you, Mexico did miss some easy sitters but not Brad's fault, it had more to do with a young American defensive line which let guys like Chicharito and that little idiot Giovanni Dos Santos get behind them. If Brad was MOM-A... former Villa midfielder Michael Bradley was MOM-B

Earnt them a valuable point in a place where they really struggle I believe.

Their record in Mexico is awful P15, W 0, D 2, L 13.

Thats including their draw last night. 

Two clean sheets for Brad and (touch wood) no injuries. Great international break for our Guzan!

Â