Brad Guzan

R.Bear

So how does everyone feel about our American custodian?

I believe the common consensus was that he was a highly promising keeper, ready to be our long-term number 1 for when Friedel retired/left. His performance in Prague in particular, was exemplary. However his stock came crashing down after that semi-final against Blackburn when his aerial ability nearly cost us a place at Wembley. Since then, he has hardly played, been out on loan and generally seen as nothing more than a reserve keeper.

Baring in mind he will be 27 in a couple of months, are his days numbered here? Or does anyone actually believe that he could be our first choice keeper with more development? Its sad because that Carling Cup run made him then broke him.

I think with Given coming in, Given will be with us until he retires, he's not going to move onto better things coming from Man City to villa. We may sign a young keeper to bring through the ranks learning off Given. If we don't I think Guzan will be on the bench or out on loan again if we have Andy Marshall.

i'd prefer him to given without doubt

You live on a different planet to everyone else, that much is becoming plain to see.

Seriously?

Why??

given is old, he can't command his area and never comes for crosses, guzan is younger and more agile

You live on a different planet to everyone else, that much is becoming plain to see.

Seriously?

Why??

given is old, he can't command his area and never comes for crosses, guzan is younger and more agile

Guzan comes for crosses? :lol: have you honestly watched him play?, like honesssssttttlllyyyy......you can admit it if you havent, we wont hold it against you.

Seriously?

Why??

Guzan comes for crosses? :lol: have you honestly watched him play?, like honesssssttttlllyyyy......you can admit it if you havent, we wont hold it against you.

he does more than given

Can't fathom how you can malign Given's suspect nature on crosses in one breath, then espouse Guzan in the next. :?:

He's always looked terrible on the few occasions I've seen him. Doesn't like crosses, poor decision making.

was superb against prague, i think it was but not sure

Dont recall that, but I do remember the Rapid game clearly, he flapped on every cross and nearly decapitated a player!

Seriously?

Why??

he does more than given

Opta Stats:

Cross Approaching:

Guzan: 2

Dracula: 3

Eddie Murphy: 4

I think too much has been made of Given's 'injury history'

If you look at his league appearances, it would suggest he's stayed pretty injury free over the years - barring last season, where admittedly he had a bad shoulder injury (and Man Citeh opted to use Hart as their No.1 too) he's played approximately 30 league games per season for the last 10 years!!!!

As for saying he's too old or not good enough - get over yourselves!!!!

How old was Friedel when we signed him and how many would be happy if he'd stayed for an extra season, taking him to 41yrs of age????

Given, even at 35yrs is a no-brainer. Solid, reliable and will be busting a gut playing having missed a season at Man Citeh.

Â