Stephen Warnock

KSV

Great. Another transfer masterstroke by MON to go with all the others. Thanks Martin, now take him to Sunderland you self-righteous tw*t.
I want him gone as much as the next man. But to be fair he played regularly and decently up until the point houllier joined us, so not another beye at all in my opinion

Is Warnock now in his final year of his contract? If so, I'm guessing that after this season Dunne and Warnock will be gone, and we have cleared pretty much all of the deadwood.

Great. Another transfer masterstroke by MON to go with all the others. Thanks Martin, now take him to Sunderland you self-righteous tw*t.
I want him gone as much as the next man. But to be fair he played regularly and decently up until the point houllier joined us, so not another beye at all in my opinion

I agree with that but think MM was referring to him being an untransferable poor player on high wages a la Beye rather than they are one and the same player.

Still 12 months to go - I am sure we will do a deal with someone in Jan and pay some of his last 6 months wages as we did with Beye.

After that I hope he has been saving his pennies because the boy is in for a major major paycut as with Mr Reo Coker.

Surely our bigger problem and more Beye like player is now Hutton what does he have left (3years?)

I agree with that but think MM was referring to him being an untransferable poor player on high wages a la Beye rather than they are one and the same player.

Still 12 months to go - I am sure we will do a deal with someone in Jan and pay some of his last 6 months wages as we did with Beye.

After that I hope he has been saving his pennies because the boy is in for a major major paycut as with Mr Reo Coker.

Surely our bigger problem and more Beye like player is now Hutton what does he have left (3years?)

Hutton was signed when the wages issue was being addressed so I doubt his wages are as big of a concern as Warnocks wages.

Hutton was signed when the wages issue was being addressed so I doubt his wages are as big of a concern as Warnocks wages.

you would think so wouldn't you?

However from what was said over the summer his wages are very much a problem.

That and the fact he is shite of course

you would think so wouldn't you?

However from what was said over the summer his wages are very much a problem.

That and the fact he is shite of course

I thought he was trying to save face a little with his comments over the summer?? The wages were a well documented problem at the villa so it was easy for him to jump on that and say that's why he'd been dropped??

The reason I think Hutton bucked the trend of signing lower wage players was because I remember at the time management were desperate for a senior proven right back. Now in hindsight they made a balls of it, but Hutton was seen as the solution to a fairly large hole in the first team so they kind of broke their new bank to get him in. Oh how we larf now :?

The reason I think Hutton bucked the trend of signing lower wage players was because I remember at the time management were desperate for a senior proven right back. Now in hindsight they made a balls of it, but Hutton was seen as the solution to a fairly large hole in the first team so they kind of broke their new bank to get him in. Oh how we larf now :?
Just goes to show how competent the management were. I mean, we had Herd, Lichaj and even Cuellar who could and all did do a better job at RB than Hutton. Thank God McLeish and his obsession with "experience" is gone.

Only chance with Hutton would be McLeish getting another job I reckon, other realistic options could be a few clubs in Scotland, can't see him going to Celtic and I'm not too sure on how much wages clubs like Hearts & Aberdeen etc can afford, but he must have a decent reputation there as he is the main right back in the international team. Also MLS maybe, can't see many Championship teams taking him with the money he is on. As for Warnock I definitely see him picking up a cheques for the next 9 months, unless MON or Steve Kean come calling.

with us being linked to martin olsson who i was hoping we would sign, and of course is better than warnock, its a bit strange signing another young inexperianced kid when we already have stevens, and yet were still playing the back up right back at left back instead, so wouldnt it of made sense to sign olsson?

dont get me wrong, signing young players is all good for the future, but we need to improve this season on the last :/

hopefully PL will go back in or a more experienced LB in january

with us being linked to martin olsson who i was hoping we would sign, and of course is better than warnock, its a bit strange signing another young inexperianced kid when we already have stevens, and yet were still playing the back up right back at left back instead, so wouldnt it of made sense to sign olsson?

dont get me wrong, signing young players is all good for the future, but we need to improve this season on the last :/

hopefully PL will go back in or a more experienced LB in january

Your mistaken. Joe Bennent is our senior LB, thought the baptism of Lowton would have signified this. We can forget the days of signing 'experienced' players. If Lowton is a mark of the kind of player we're signing now, 1st impressions are great.

On the point of Olssen, he has played 5 more senior games in his career than Bennett, so I don't think he's any more qualified than Olsson.

Just goes to show how competent the management were. I mean, we had Herd, Lichaj and even Cuellar who could and all did do a better job at RB than Hutton. Thank God McLeish and his obsession with "experience" is gone.

In fairness to you know who, Lichaj was injured until Xmas and Carlos didn't get back till the end of October so we did need to get an RB in and Hutton did play well for Scotland for a while.

Â