Murdoch Scum

snowychap

They sold more copies of The Sun on sunday than they used to sell of the NOTW.

Well there's a surprise.

And once again, "the public wants what the public gets".

In an "Eames agrees with Snowy" shocker... its not really a shock.

The Sun is the most popular newspaper in Britain, they've spent millions on TV advertising, its cheap and there is a certain special interest in the first edition.

I've no doubt it will take the NOTWs place as best selling sunday paper, but no way will it take 3m in sales every week.

Not a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Six people arrested and being questioned about conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

'Rumours' have it that two of the six are Charlie and Rebekah Brooks.

Sky sources...

Former News Of The World editor Rebekah Brooks and her racehorse trainer husband Charlie are among six people arrested by police investigating phone hacking, according to Sky sources.

Police said five men and one woman were detained on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

The co-ordinated arrests were made by officers from Operation Weeting, the Metropolitan Police investigation into illegal hacking of voicemail messages.

In a statement, Scotland Yard gave the following details:

:: A 49-year-old man was arrested at his home address in Oxfordshire and is being interviewed at a Buckinghamshire Police Station.

:: A 43-year-old woman was arrested at her home address in Oxfordshire and is being interviewed at an Oxfordshire police station.

:: A 39-year-old man was arrested at his home address in Hampshire and is being interviewed at a southwest London police station.

:: A 46-year-old man was arrested at his home address in west London and is being interviewed at a central London police station.

:: A 38-year-old man was arrested at his home address in Hertfordshire and is being interviewed at a central London police station.

:: A 48-year-old man was arrested at a business address in east London and is being interviewed at an east London police station.

Six people arrested and being questioned about conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

'Rumours' have it that two of the six are Charlie and Rebekah Brooks.

The police never returned the laptop, did they? The one which was mistakenly left in the rubbish disposal, a common enough occurrence, along with "personal documents", which Mr Brooks assured police were “my personal items and had nothing at all to do with my wife.”

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone watch Panorama?

Its seems the Murdoch empire illegally hacked Ondigital's software and killed off their main competitor at the time.

If provable, jail time for someone?

Just one of the many dark arts employed by the evil empire it seems.

Here's the story of another competitor (alledgedly) put out of business by Newscorp.

Its seems the Murdoch empire illegally hacked Ondigital's software and killed off their main competitor at the time.

I didn't think this was a particularly new revelation ? certainly seemed to be common knowledge way way back around 1999 /2000

I seem to recall the cards were openly available and even gave access to the pay per view movies ..not that I would have had such a card of course ....

I didn't think this was a particularly new revelation ? certainly seemed to be common knowledge way way back around 1999 /2000

I seem to recall the cards were openly available and even gave access to the pay per view movies ..not that I would have had such a card of course ....

It may have been known to naughty boys like you, but even had the authorities been aware at that time then it wouldn't have been investigated - what with most of them being on his payroll and all.

I hope they now find enough evidence here to seriously damage the old bastard, because the way he's successfully shrugged off phone hacking makes me sick.

mate nothings going to happen to this worm of a human being, they would have got him a long time ago if they wanted to. but a syou say a majority are on his payroll so he will escape like the scum he is always does

from what I've heard of the e-mail hacking its very much in the 'legitimate illegality' area that we have to allow to retain free journalism

unless its the start of a drip drip story

I noticed Sky lined up a Times Executive and the hard hitting journalist Emma B for their press preview last night (and they still lost the argument.) All their presenters have been fully briefed with the company line on this latest revelation.

A relatively minor case of fraud is hardly a major public interest story. I wonder if there will be more to come...

• 3 weeks later...

James Murdoch is giving evidence at the moment.

It's hilarious. He's jumping between apparently being a man not blessed with the gift of memory, and being laughably incompetent. You'd have thought he'd have come up with a different tact by now.

Â