Murdoch Scum

snowychap

Yes I've heard that Hunt (and the Tories generally) is getting a kicking in Parliament at the moment, even Harman is laying the smack down on him.

Dead man walking, surely?

He's a politician, so if he can bluff it out, he will.

Hunt has just said (in response to a question about lobbying being the 'next great scandal'), "Forewarned is forearmed."

I wonder whether he may come to regret that choice of phrase in these circumstances.

Yeah you'd think he'd have seen the issue with usng that turn of phrase...

12.59pm: Labour's Dennis Skinner says when posh boys get in trouble, they sack the servants. He says that Hunt should tell "dodgy Dave" and "Gideon" (George Osborne) that he is resigning.

It's a cheap shot, I shouldn't laugh... but :crylaugh:

Yeah you'd think he'd have seen the issue with usng that turn of phrase...

12.59pm: Labour's Dennis Skinner says when posh boys get in trouble, they sack the servants. He says that Hunt should tell "dodgy Dave" and "Gideon" (George Osborne) that he is resigning.

It's a cheap shot, I shouldn't laugh... but :crylaugh:

The Beast of Bolsover, FTW! :P

Interesting piece from Oborne in the Torygraph about the danger of this bringing down Cameron.

His last couple of paras:

The investigation into the Murdoch organisation has slowly exposed a network of suspected influence peddling, bribery and general criminality stretching way beyond the News International HQ in Wapping. The police are investigating evidence that Mr Murdoch’s reporters corrupted members of the Armed Forces and the civil service, and above all the Metropolitan Police.

This week the investigation at last took a new turn. The connections between News International executives and politicians have at last come under examination. A story that started with the arrest of the royal correspondent of the News of the World six years ago has found its way to the door of Downing Street.

Leveson is hilarious today.

Murdoch: I hope my evidence will be put on the website.

Jay: turning now to my next question...

Murdoch: hang on, anwer the question

Jay: I don't answer questions Mr M, just ask them.

Murdoch: facial expression of an emperor who has been cheeked by an underling

Leveson: Your evidence and exhibits will be placed on the website, Mr M (followed by facial expression that says "you drooling ****").

This is quite interesting. (Gives a download rather than a link).

It sets out some points about the role of the adviser on breaches of the Ministerial Code of Conduct, mentions that the last one (Sir Philip Mawer) resigned because he had not been asked to investigate an utterly clear-cut case of a Minister breaching the Code (Liam Fox), and starts to discuss possible problems facing the current person, Sir Alex Allan. His post was not openly advertised, he was just appointed as someone thought to be suitable.

So, we have a special adviser with a specific role in assessing Ministerial breaches of the Code of Conduct; an adviser resigning because of being circumvented with an obvious breach not referred to him; the appointment of someone thought more suitable, without a competitive process; and still no referral of Jeremy the Hunt for a view on whether the apparent breach of the Code has in fact taken place.

The document helpfully quotes a fine vision of values and standards, thus:

We must be different in how we think and how we behave. We must be different from what has gone before us. Careful with public money. Transparent about what we do and how we do it. Determined to act in the national interest, above improper influence. Mindful of our duty. Above all, grateful for our chance to change our country.

Now, which Berkeley Hunt was it who said that? And now being in a position to give his words practical meaning, what does he actually do?

What can it all mean? - well a) Hunt is a bad man. B) Barclay Bros. are rivals to Murdoch and don't think much of the "process" (pah!) Hunt went through to ease Murdoch's aim of acquiring Sky, which would have damaged their interests enormously c) the Torygraph doesn't think much of all these shiny faced posh PR boys at the top of the Gov't and they don't share Call me Dave's "values" - they're more old Tory, the Telegraph.

I think the Telegraph, like a lot of others think the Gov't is incompetent and filled with self interested, nest feathering "chaps".

Rupert Murdoch "is not a fit person to exercise the stewardship of a major international company" according to the report by the select committee investigating phone hacking at News International.

Unsurprisingly the four Tory members voted against the findings on the basis of this sentence being included in the report but have declined to produce their own minority report. What was it about a shiver looking for a spine to run up?

Rupert Murdoch "is not a fit person to exercise the stewardship of a major international company" according to the report by the select committee investigating phone hacking at News International.

Unsurprisingly the four Tory members voted against the findings on the basis of this sentence being included in the report but have declined to produce their own minority report. What was it about a shiver looking for a spine to run up?

A rather comfortable assumption wouldn't you think?

Tom Watson's abject hatred for Murdoch has been pretty clear, perhaps the Labour/Lib Dem members have chosen to really put the boot in, rather than the Tories wuss out.

Haven't read the report in full, nor seen all the evidence presented so can't comment - but yours may have been a hasty conclusion.

Â