Pro cycling: General Chat

leviramsey

Being in Luxembourg I suppose I should root for Andy Schleck.

Well done to them brothers.

So you are in Luxembourg ! You may know that Luxembourg produced another famous climber (and TdF winner I think) called Charley Gaul. But you may have to be 60ish to remember him. Bit of a legend I think but became a recluse.

Incredible ride by Andy Schleck today.

I reckon Frank will be the freshest for tomorrow's stage and could surprise everyone. I also think Contador might try something desperate as he has nothing to lose.

Andy Schleck attacked from an incredible 60 km out. No one reacted.

He pulled out a 4 minute lead going into the last climb, the col de Galibier.

Evans did the bulk of the work chasing and even dropped Contador & Sanchez. He managed to close the gap to 2:30 at the finish meaning Voeckler remained in yellow.

I missed today's stage - can someone summarise please.

Well very briefly, a group with all the favourites got away on one of the big climbs (Izoard ?) Andy Schlek jumped away, with about 15k to go I think and won on his own. However, an incredible effort by Thomas Voeckler enabled him to stay in Yellow - until tomorrow at least. Cadel Evans did nearly all the work in chasing Andy Schlek and deserves tremendous credit too. Frank Schlek took second place 'cos he hadnt had to do a tap with his brother off the front.

I think Mark Cavendish was docked 20 points for finishing out of time and is only just hanging on to Green :cry:

Oh and Contador got dropped in the last 5k so he is possibly out of the frame now.

You cant discount Evans for this race as he is a better time trialist than the others (I think) and can climb damn well too.

(and the Villa won and Keith Barker got a century for Warwicks)

Looks like contador is struggling this year. I think its very hard for someone to race in the giro and then in the tour in the same year. Makes me think that Contador has been doping for years and since he got caught in last years tour has had to stop and its catching up with him now as he cant recover as well as he used to.

I wonder whats wrong with Contador, he dropped the anchor today.

Makes me think that Contador has been doping for years and since he got caught in last years tour has had to stop and its catching up with him now as he cant recover as well as he used to

Yup.

Clearly no longer drugged up, so just looks like a normal cyclist again.

These are what normal, "clean" cyclists look like Lancey you w*nker :twisted::lol: :winkold:

Is Cadel Evans one of the most boring riders ever?

Possibly. After never taking the initiative he then has the gall to round on others for not helping him when he has no option to take to the front in an effort to catch the breakaways of Andy Schleck and Contador. Riders like them make cycling entertaining. Evans doesn't. Although you have to admire his grit and determination to grind his way back into it.

He's obviously the best time-trialist out of the three, but what are the relative skills of Andy and Frank? How much will Evans take out of Andy, do you think, tomorrow? And does Frank have a chance at glory?

superbly done Cadel. Fully merited. That chase up the Galibier won it for him. Strongest rider throughout, though A Shleck's solo burst up the Galibier will live long in the memory ...

Â