Pro cycling: General Chat

leviramsey

Don't think they are doping or at least not in the extreme EPO sense, more just pushing the boundaries of what you can do (vitamin D is one that is abused in most sports but not on ban list).

Been an interesting tour so far, but cant see any point to the 2 upcoming sprint stages as its err Sagan and err Demare maybe?

Would love to see G win this.  Hope he doesn't run out of gas in the pyrenees. Big Tom close and a threat, but the smart money still on Froome Dog IMO.

Watch on ITV4. More polished and better insights. I'm a big fan of David Millar too.  I do like Carlton Kirby on Eurosport, but you can see that ITV put more resource into their coverage.

Bernal looks like a TDF winner in a couple of years. 

I think i’d like to see Froome win number 5 (and the Giro / tour double) then hand the reigns over to the younger riders next year. 

On the assumption he is not on the gear* it would be a remarkable achievement for the record books. 

*we are not going to know but I tend to be of the mind that Sky are pushing the rules to the limit with all the legal supplements without actually undertaking a doping program. Their team budget goes the rest of the way to ensure their dominance. 

Well I think Froome's 4 grand tours in a row came to bite him in the butt yesterday although he hasn't exactly looked spectacular for the whole race.

Think G will be okay, 2 mins is a decent gap on Tom D even with a time trial ahead.

Froome's bad day continued on the way back to the bus, he was dragged off of his bike by a policeman who thought he was a fan - this was Froomey's response: 

Â