Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

You cant blame McLeish for any of this, I mean lets face it, he said he was not for sale, it isn't his fault if Faulkner then goes behind his back.

In fact, I'll predict McLeish will walk before Xmas, and not because of results either.

So this ultra defensive manager's first actions are to sell our two best creative players.

Watch out for those long balls Benty. Until you are sold, obviously.

For years we had agent Ridgewell and then agent Gardner.

They have pressed the nuclear option and have agent Mcleish running the whole damn show

So this ultra defensive manager's first actions are to sell our two best creative players.

Watch out for those long balls Benty. Until you are sold, obviously.

For years we had agent Ridgewell and then agent Gardner.

They have pressed the nuclear option and have agent Mcleish running the whole damn show

Think bigger.....

AGENT LERNER :shock:

I think you have confused the managers actions with the boards actions there.

And the possibility and good thing to keep players that really wants to leave. Possible? Yes. Good for the club? Almost never. Unfortunately.

I feel sorry for him.

His past means he will be blamed for any decision that the owner makes, that impacts on to the Football side of things. I felt that when we hired him, Randy had found his patsy, and i still think he is a patsy.

Seems Randy has been taking advice from HDE on how to shift all the attention on to the manager. Doug had that skill to a tee!

Can't blame McLeish for any of this crap that's gone over the last 12 months or so.

The club has gone from being in Champions League qualification contention with a couple of games to go, league cup finalists/ fa cup semi finalists in 09/10 with Milner, Ash, Downing to one that was in with a chance of being relegated with a couple of games to go in 10/11, frequently serving up gutless tripe and the worst fan reaction I have seen in years at games, and has now sold off all three of Milner, Young and Downing ( about to go ).

The fact the boards answer to some of the above issues was to employ a manager that had over seen 2 relegations in 3 years and had that team playing negative shite football is again not Mcleish's fault.

The blame for the current shit we are going through is squarely at the boards feet.

And the possibility and good thing to keep players that really wants to leave. Possible? Yes. Good for the club? Almost never. Unfortunately.

Take a look at Spurs to see how it is done.

Signed Modric up to a new 5 year deal when the going was good and now they've told him to sit down and shut up when they didn't make the champions league and he decided he wanted to move.

It sends out the message that they are not a selling club and wont dismantle their team when things get tough.

Take a look at Spurs to see how it is done.

Signed Modric up to a new 5 year deal when the going was good and now they've told him to sit down and shut up when they didn't make the champions league and he decided he wanted to move.

It sends out the message that they are not a selling club and wont dismantle their team when things get tough.

True, but they've also sold players like Berbatov and Carrick. And Modric could still be sold. And they are ahead of us as it is. Do you think it would be good business for Villa to tell Downing to shut up and put him on the bench and then see him leaving for free?

But the 5 year contract would be a good thing. IIRC the contracts Young's been on here would be 5 years all in all.

This is going OT now, btw.

Yes but we missed the chance to extend the contracts of our best players when we had good seasons making cup finals and semi finals etc.

Now we are paying the price.

Possibly, and maybe even probably. I just hope that this is the beginning of a new era where we approach things like Tottenham did when they started to get better as a club. Hoping, not expecting.

Â