Women's World Cup 2011

Anthony

Any of you following it? As I type I'm watching England vs NZ. All quite good actually.

As an incentive, there are some fit women.

I caught a bit of Germany vs Nigeria yesterday, was a very heated game, some of the tackles going in were some of the worst i've seen for ages.

Sure this wasn't a game involving thailand?

:lol:

Australia vs Equatorial Guinea today there was one of the most bizarre incidents I have seen in a football match. Aussie girl had a shot that beat the keeper, hit the woodwork, bounced to a defender who then grabbed the ball in her hands. The Aussies started pointing it out to the ref, at which point the girl dropped the ball & just walked off. Then the keeper picked it up and kicked it upfield. And the ref just waved play on.

Here's the footage

Australia vs Equatorial Guinea today there was one of the most bizarre incidents I have seen in a football match. Aussie girl had a shot that beat the keeper, hit the woodwork, bounced to a defender who then grabbed the ball in her hands. The Aussies started pointing it out to the ref, at which point the girl dropped the ball & just walked off. Then the keeper picked it up and kicked it upfield. And the ref just waved play on.

Here's the footage

That is insane!

And they wonder why we don't take women's football seriously! :lol:

I think the handball was so blatant that the ref felt sorry for the girl and just waved 'play on'...it was sunday social football stuff.

That aside, the Aussie girls played some great stuff...hopefully they beat Norway and get out of the group behind Brazil.

Here's the footage

That is insane!

And they wonder why we don't take women's football seriously! :lol:

It happened in the U21s last year too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7on6av6RlWc.

Women's football is **** terrible.

If they had male goalkeepers or maybe reduced the size of the goals it would make it a lot more interesting.

Caught some of the England highlights on Friday, they played some good football and great work for the headed goal.

Im pretty sure Karen Carney is from hall green too

Here's the footage

But she said she's sorry!

Hungarian referee Gyoengyi Gaal has apologised to Fifa for missing an obvious handball during Equatorial Guinea's 3-2 loss to Australia at the Women's World Cup on Sunday.

Equatorial Guinea's Bruna caught and held on to the ball for a few moments, believing a free-kick had been awarded.

The defender then let the ball drop to the ground but Gaal waved play on amid Australian protests.

The incident was also missed by the assistant referee.

The Women's World Cup in Germany is not using the two additional officials behind the goals that have been tested out in other tournaments including the Europa League.

The loss to Australia and Brazil's 3-0 win over Norway means that Equatorial Guinea can no longer reach the quarter-finals in Germany.

Â