Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Made friedel look.. well old. The way he got up for that double save.. his shot stopping is amazing.. i had no confidence with friedel last season.. just seemed to concede more than he saved.

Given was world class. Superb signing from firecrotch

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent debut. Dealt with everything well, made some good saves.

Great signing.

This will be his report for 90% of our games IMO!

Some of the Champions league chasers, in need of a keeper, really should hang their heads!

BUt did he get injured letting Collins take free kicks?

i'm hoping he just felt a slight tweak and let Collins take the kicks as a precautionary measure.

let's face it, he hasn't played much in the last year and even in goal he must move around a little!

I'm sure he'll be alright for next weekend!

Some of the Champions league chasers, in need of a keeper, really should hang their heads!

Yeah Arsenal fans in particular will not be happy bunnys watching Shay play for us I feel.

Made so much sense signing up on a 5 year deal as well.

Wow. Made friedel look.. well old. The way he got up for that double save.. his shot stopping is amazing.. i had no confidence with friedel last season.. just seemed to concede more than he saved.

Completely agree. Friedel is clearly a great bloke, but he is well past his prime now, and I think overall he cost us points last season. I don't know what the fuss was all about, he looked shakey a lot of the time for me.