Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

Get this one announced already! We all know it's done, I'd imagine the photos are taken too just a matter of the pr team fannying around as usual! I prefer the days when the first you knew of a signing was when it appeared on teletext!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get this one announced already! We all know it's done, I'd imagine the photos are taken too just a matter of the pr team fannying around as usual! I prefer the days when the first you knew of a signing was when it appeared on teletext!

Yes!

When you used to be able to skip straight to page 390 for the Midlands football news.

Them were the days.

BBC are reporting should be completed within 24 hours

Wow. It's like back to the future. I'm sure that was reported this time last week. How can it take so long to announce. We allegedly agreed a fee last week and Shay had his medical on Saturday. Think the club may as well wait for tomorrows kit launch now and have Given sporting the new keeper top.

Can someone actually explain why it takes us so long to put these through? I mean what is happening right now for example? The fee, terms, medical has all been sorted. What are we waiting for?

Can someone actually explain why it takes us so long to put these through? I mean what is happening right now for example? The fee, terms, medical has all been sorted. What are we waiting for?

deals with city seem to take forever, since the players hae to negotiate their payoffs from them etc

Honestly, I trust the person who said (to me) we have to sell to buy, so who knows.

We have sold, twice, and not bought. So a few pennies for Cuellar shouldn't maka difference after getting ten times that for SD. I think that's why Stevo thought you might be joking. It was also rumoured that sell-to-buy did not include the goalkeeper; that replacing Friedel was a, ahem, Given, and that buying outfield players needed sell-to-buy.